Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Run ACD 23" with IMac 24"  (Read 2271 times)

NigelC

Run ACD 23" with IMac 24"
« on: December 17, 2008, 03:12:45 am »

I use an ACD 23" (which I got nearly half price 9 months ago) with my 3 1/2 year old Win XP laptop. I was thinking of replacing it with a MacBook Pro which should give me more options combining laptop screen with external display. However, I have begun to think I wuld better value by getting an IMac 24" with RAM/HD specced for photo processing and keeping my Win laptop for  the rare occasions I need to take a laptop out. (which are not to do with image processing). Wonder what to do with ACD however - will the IMac run that in dual monitor mode - does it have a DVI out?

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 04:10:50 am »

yeah its got a mini dvi port so you'll need an adapter
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne

NigelC

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 09:55:45 am »

Quote from: NigelC
I use an ACD 23" (which I got nearly half price 9 months ago) with my 3 1/2 year old Win XP laptop. I was thinking of replacing it with a MacBook Pro which should give me more options combining laptop screen with external display. However, I have begun to think I wuld better value by getting an IMac 24" with RAM/HD specced for photo processing and keeping my Win laptop for  the rare occasions I need to take a laptop out. (which are not to do with image processing). Wonder what to do with ACD however - will the IMac run that in dual monitor mode - does it have a DVI out?

On reflection,I only really need the 20" Imac, because I don't want conflict between matt and glossy monitors - (I just need smaller monitor to show toolbars etc) which limits processor to 2.8Ghz and Graphics card to ATI one with 256Mb RAM. I'll use external hard drives. Is there anything here which would be a limitation with CS4? (I anticipate getting a 5D2 in due course, otherwise biggest files are scanned 6x7 trannies)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 09:59:04 am by NigelC »

NigelC

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 01:04:38 pm »

Quote from: NigelC

As  a further thought, do I have options to configure the IMac screen and the external ACD monitor, as if I was using it attached to a Mac Book Pro?
Pages: [1]   Go Up