Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A shot from Scotland  (Read 2861 times)

Dave Hall

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 24
A shot from Scotland
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:55:30 AM »

This is my first post here, just joined. This is one of a few I took on a recent trip to Scotland. I was very fortunate with the weather.
Visit My Website

Logged

Silver Birch Studio

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/silverbirchstudio/
A shot from Scotland
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:15:11 AM »

Very nice, you've done some good work. The Web site is easy to navigate, too, and looks attractive -- you should put your name on the marquee of your Web site! Keep it up, and thanks for sharing.
Logged
~ Julie

Happy shooting!

jjj

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4738
    • http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
A shot from Scotland
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 09:43:59 AM »

Welcome to LL.
I like the Glen Etive shot and the tangled trees very much. I stayed on Loch Etive a while back when a friend lived there on Aird's bay, but it was a lot more gloomy when I was there.


I noticed you've also been to Donna Nook. I took girlfriend there last week for a surprise day out.
A little cold but very interesting.





Logged
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spineless.   Futt Futt Futt Photography

Dave Hall

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 24
A shot from Scotland
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 10:35:46 AM »

Quote from: Silver Birch Studio
Very nice, you've done some good work. The Web site is easy to navigate, too, and looks attractive -- you should put your name on the marquee of your Web site! Keep it up, and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your comments.
Just one point, what do you mean by "you should put your name on the marquee" ?
Logged

Dave Hall

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 24
A shot from Scotland
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 10:43:11 AM »

Quote from: jjj
Welcome to LL.
I like the Glen Etive shot and the tangled trees very much. I stayed on Loch Etive a while back when a friend lived there on Aird's bay, but it was a lot more gloomy when I was there.


I noticed you've also been to Donna Nook. I took girlfriend there last week for a surprise day out.
A little cold but very interesting.




Thanks for your comments.

I like the claw pic, very original.
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10968
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
A shot from Scotland
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 10:52:46 AM »

Quote from: Dave Hall
Thanks for your comments.
Just one point, what do you mean by "you should put your name on the marquee" ?
When I look at your website, the only place I see your name is in small type at the bottom of each page, in the copyright notice. At the top of each page is a broad horizontal stripe which looks as if it should say something like "Dave Hall, Photography", but it is blank. I think that's what Silver Birch is referring to.

Otherwise, very nice site and excellent photos.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my photo website. New images each season. Also visit my new website: http://ericneedsakidney.org

jjj

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4738
    • http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
A shot from Scotland
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 01:25:31 PM »

Quote from: EricM
When I look at your website, the only place I see your name is in small type at the bottom of each page, in the copyright notice. At the top of each page is a broad horizontal stripe which looks as if it should say something like "Dave Hall, Photography", but it is blank. I think that's what Silver Birch is referring to.
I thought exactly the same.
Logged
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spineless.   Futt Futt Futt Photography

Dave Hall

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 24
A shot from Scotland
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 02:19:57 PM »

Quote from: Silver Birch Studio
Very nice, you've done some good work. The Web site is easy to navigate, too, and looks attractive -- you should put your name on the marquee of your Web site! Keep it up, and thanks for sharing.

Done it, thanks for pointing it out.
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10968
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
A shot from Scotland
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 06:03:21 PM »

That's much better now.

One more suggestion: why not include a link to your website in your LL forum signature block.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my photo website. New images each season. Also visit my new website: http://ericneedsakidney.org

Dave Hall

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 24
A shot from Scotland
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 06:36:24 AM »

Quote from: EricM
That's much better now.

One more suggestion: why not include a link to your website in your LL forum signature block.

Thanks again Eric, done.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up