Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei 6006 system  (Read 14855 times)

hobbsr

Rollei 6006 system
« on: December 17, 2008, 01:36:46 am »

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody can assist and provide any information to help me, as I have been offered a Rollei 6006 body and 80 and 150mm lens. I do not have much of a background in understanding the Rollei system and have found very little information on the internet to assist knowing if this would be a good body to have, also if the system is reliable as there does not seem to be any parts and very limited service support?

I just like the idea of shooting some personal work on a 6x6 system. If there is anything that you can share to help me that would be great.

Rodney

Photostudent

Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 01:56:31 am »

Quote from: hobbsr
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody can assist and provide any information to help me, as I have been offered a Rollei 6006 body and 80 and 150mm lens. I do not have much of a background in understanding the Rollei system and have found very little information on the internet to assist knowing if this would be a good body to have, also if the system is reliable as there does not seem to be any parts and very limited service support?

I just like the idea of shooting some personal work on a 6x6 system. If there is anything that you can share to help me that would be great.

Rodney

6006 is still available???

(http://www.franke-heidecke.net/)

Adina

Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 03:49:06 am »

look here

http://www.wirmer.de/english/6x6.htm

i think you have no chance to use a MFDB with the 6006 ...

(the film circulation can not be removed)

Greetings
Adina

Graham Mitchell

Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 08:00:48 am »

It might be better to hang on for a 6008 variant. These work well, and you have digital options too. I can't speak for the 6006 as I have no experience with it.

Mitchell Baum

Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 08:17:44 am »

Hi Graham,

Does the 6008i (non-autofocus) work well with backs, or is it just the autofocus ones?

I have a 6008i I'd like to sell.

Best,

Mitchell

Gigi

• some work
Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 09:23:01 am »

Quote from: Mitchell Baum
Hi Graham,

Does the 6008i (non-autofocus) work well with backs, or is it just the autofocus ones?

I have a 6008i I'd like to sell.

Best,

Mitchell

Depends. The later ones do, the earlier do not. I think its the 6008 Integral 2 that does.

You'd like a SN to tell them apart, but I don't have one. Conversations with Rollei suggested they didn't have one either, or at least one to give out. You might check the removable "gate" around the inside of the lens housing, seen from the film side. The later ones have it, to be removed for a digital back, the earlier ones do not.

To be sure, the 6008AF's all work with the digital back, but some work better than others and talk to the back more directly. None of the 6006 will work digitally. Supposedly, the 6003 Pro will (and has the removable gate) the 6003 earlier model won't. "Work" here means a connection via Sinar or Imacon adapters, and a cable interface. THere may be some more direct interface possible, with the later Sinar backs, that doesn't require the cable, but I don't really know for sure.

Hope this helps. Its a bit arcane, but think of it as a small factory, trying to continually update their product, and it makes more sense.

By the way, the reason for the 6006 purchas is just to get the lenses and work with the camera as is. If you go for a later camera, (6003/8), the PQ lenses are better (staying open, operating more quickly), altho optically the 6006 lenses are fine if they are the German ones. There were some slightly inferior far-eastern made lenses, which are good, but not great. They were made c. 1990 for Rollei directly, without Zeiss or Schneider names on them. You may want to watch for those.

The 6003/8 gear is pretty cheap tho, so there really isn't a reason to go backwards, except for the SL66, with a built in bellows, and some tilt. It has some cult fans and uses different lenses.

Geoff
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 09:28:43 am by Geoffreyg »
Geoff

Gigi

• some work
Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 03:14:20 pm »

Quote from: EPd
All 6008i models have the removable gate to make room for a DB. It' s just that the later models that were delivered in a package with a fitting back were especially calibrated and tested with that particular back. Still, the other 6008i bodies work well with most fitting backs too. Sinar backs are known to be less demanding than PhaseOne backs here though.

The 6008i2 is basically a 6008AF, but without the AF. This means compared to the 6008i it has an LCD readout instead of LED, and a more sophisticated TTL flash metering system with additive flash compensation in addition to substractive flash compensation (which is already found on the 6008i). Also the electronics in the 6008i2 (and AF) can set most of the special modes internally that needed to be set on the 6008i with an external Master Control unit.

EPd -
Wonderful to have your clarifictions - you are much more on target than I was. Thanks for the corrections. By the way, when you say the later models were delivered with a "fitting back", do you mean a fit digital back, or a special regular back that was more closely calibrated to each camera/

Thanks,

Geoff

Geoff

Graham Mitchell

Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 06:59:39 pm »

Quote from: Mitchell Baum
Hi Graham,

My spare body 6008i works just as well with the digital back but that may not apply to the entire production run. Hope that helps.

Mitchell Baum

Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 07:18:27 pm »

Thanks Geoff, EPd, and Graham,

Very helpful.

Best,

Mitchell

Plekto

Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 09:00:38 pm »

The real question is how much?  I'm sure there are people here who would want such a system and you might make a little profit...

But, yeah - it's NG for a DB.

Sheldon N

Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 10:58:32 pm »

Quote from: Plekto
The real question is how much?  I'm sure there are people here who would want such a system ....

I've got some very nice Rollei/Schneider glass and 6008i body/prism posted in the FS forum here, if there are people who would want such a system....  
Sheldon Nalos
[url=http://www.flickr.com

Adina

Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 05:12:57 am »

Quote from: foto-z
My spare body 6008i works just as well with the digital back but that may not apply to the entire production run. Hope that helps.

see

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....c=23492&hl=

have you this effect on this body ?

Greetings
Adina

Plekto

Rollei 6006 system
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 05:03:59 pm »

Quote from: Sheldon N
I've got some very nice Rollei/Schneider glass and 6008i body/prism posted in the FS forum here, if there are people who would want such a system....  

I was talking about the older 6006. Heh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up