Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with D3 image review button not working sometimes  (Read 3807 times)

garyfcampbell

Trouble with D3 image review button not working sometimes
« on: December 14, 2008, 04:42:15 pm »

Hi,

I have noticed several occasions where the D3's image review button won't display the last image on the LCD.  
It usually happens in the middle of shooting a wedding reception with a flash(SB800 or SB900), it never happens when I'm playing around with it during the day trying to reproduce the problem.

I'm not stressing the camera, shooting in single mode, 14-bit NEF, one or two shots of a person, and they ask to see the picture.

When I press the image review button nothing happens, or it flashes the last picture for 2 seconds and then turns off the LCD.  Sometimes I turn the camera off and on and I can get it to work, sometimes that doesn't even work.  The battery was at 60%.

Has anyone come across this problem?

thanks
Gary Campbell

Tony Beach

• http://imageevent.com/tonybeach/twelveimages
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 08:04:45 pm »

I have had the problem and it was caused by a faulty remote cord.  Otherwise it could be a loose shoe connection, or inadvertent depressing of the shutter button.  Frankly, I'm stumped and expect you will need to send the camera to Nikon service to have it checked out.

garyfcampbell

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:59:47 pm »

Quote from: Tony Beach
I have had the problem and it was caused by a faulty remote cord.  Otherwise it could be a loose shoe connection, or inadvertent depressing of the shutter button.  Frankly, I'm stumped and expect you will need to send the camera to Nikon service to have it checked out.

thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep that in mind.  So far the following Nikon Tech suggestion to do a two button reset seems to have cured the problem.

Dear Gary,

Thank you for emailing us. Could you please try a complete camera reset or change menu banks to banks that have not been used yet in the shooting menu and the custom settings menu once that is done please do a 2 button reset by pressing and holding the 2 green dotted buttons at the same time until the top control panel screen blinks off then back on. Also could you please clarify if you are using any additional 3rd party accessories and has this ever happened while the battery is registering a full charge? Could you also set custom setting C4 to a larger value to see if this helps?

Pages: [1]   Go Up