Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: India Portfolio  (Read 2401 times)

Jonathan Kong

India Portfolio
« on: December 14, 2008, 04:32:54 pm »

Hi,

Recently did a 3-week trip to India (Agra, Delhi, Varanasi, Jaipur, Udaipur and Mumbai). Fascinating country with rich culture, history, religious overtone and colorful (figuratively and literally) people.

A collection of images taken during the trip can be found at http://decisive-moment.smugmug.com/

For that trip. I used a Nikon D3 with 24-70 f2.8 zoom.

Thanks.

Jonathan Kong

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
India Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 01:37:20 am »

Did a quick walk through - some good work there!  Ironically, in a place of such beautiful colours  I preferred your B&W images overall.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Jonathan Kong

India Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 03:22:54 am »

Thanks for checking out the site. Interesting that you prefer those B&Ws. That's exactly my feeling. My favorite shots in the portfolio are all monochrome.

Anyway, I've since gone over all the images and re-processed some of them. Also weeeded out some not-so-good ones.

I would appreciate feedback/critiques/comments.

Cheers

Jonathan Kong

Quote from: wolfnowl
Did a quick walk through - some good work there!  Ironically, in a place of such beautiful colours  I preferred your B&W images overall.

Mike.

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
India Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 08:14:19 am »

I didn't see a single photo I didn't like.  However, I was also most drawn to your b&w work.  The bicycle image was particularly strong despite the rather simple subject.  Nice work!

jklotz

• http://www.jamesklotz.com
India Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 05:04:36 pm »

I really enjoyed looking through those. My 1st thought is you must have had some pretty good patience to wait for some of those "right" moments. Nice work

Jonathan Kong

India Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 08:57:44 pm »

Thanks for the compliment.

Those shots that you were referring to I just happened to be there at the right time. Frankly, very little anticipation or waiting on my part. I find taking candid street photography, the fast start up and lack of lag of D3 (or any pro level body) is indispensable. Excellent high ISO performance also made some of the shots possible.

Cheers

Jonathan

Quote from: jklotz
I really enjoyed looking through those. My 1st thought is you must have had some pretty good patience to wait for some of those "right" moments. Nice work
Pages: [1]   Go Up