Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I Color Blind?  (Read 9185 times)

Mitchell Baum

Am I Color Blind?
« on: December 14, 2008, 12:28:56 pm »

Some of the info on the screen is written with white lettering on a yellow background. I can't read it. When the backgrounds are a different color or black, I have no problem. Do others have the same problem or is it just me?

Thanks,

Mitchell

simplify

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 02:16:11 pm »

up to 20 percent of the Male population is colorblind.  Here is a test to see if you are.  http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.asp

Mitchell Baum

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 02:34:48 pm »

Thanks. I took the test. I'm not color blind so the problem is not mine; it's Sinar's. (First time I've used a semicolon in 30 years.) I really can't read the messages with the yellow background. It'd be really nice if they changed it with firmware.

Best,

Mitchell
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 02:36:08 pm by Mitchell Baum »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 05:33:26 am »

Dear Mitchell,

No, you are not blind and this is Sinar's mistake. It is a known issue and shall be addressed by a firmware update.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Mitchell Baum
Some of the info on the screen is written with white lettering on a yellow background. I can't read it. When the backgrounds are a different color or black, I have no problem. Do others have the same problem or is it just me?

Thanks,

Mitchell
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Mitchell Baum

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 08:52:24 am »

Thanks Thierry.

That's good news (both the update and nothing being wrong with my eyes.)

I always appreciate your quick, factual and informative responses. For me, as a Sinar owner, you are a great asset.

Are you still in Thailand?

Best,

Mitchell

thsinar

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 09:00:39 am »

hi Mitchell,

You are welcome.

I am still in Thailand, but only for a few more months and will return to Switzerland in May or June '09.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks Thierry.

That's good news (both the update and nothing being wrong with my eyes.)

I always appreciate your quick, factual and informative responses. For me, as a Sinar owner, you are a great asset.

Are you still in Thailand?

Best,

Mitchell
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Mitchell Baum

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 05:29:27 pm »

Thierry,

I was wondering what conditions are like in Thailand now. Are you leaving because of the turmoil?

Best,

Mitchell

thsinar

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 07:13:19 pm »

hi Mitchell,

well, it's 6 years now and I guess I have seen it, and without entering in to much details, let me put it with a photographic metaphor: When there is sunlight, there are as well a lot of shadows, and my internal DR has major problems to cope with these deep shadows without having to compromise on the hightlights and clip them, although it has gone through numerous firmware updates.

More seriously, one major reason are my daughters: I want them to have the chance to be educated in Switzerland and to be able to have the choice to choose when grown up.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

I was wondering what conditions are like in Thailand now. Are you leaving because of the turmoil?

Best,

Mitchell
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Mitchell Baum

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 10:57:03 pm »

Thierry,

It seems a most apt metaphor and eloquent response. I wonder if you might write about the experience.
Thanks and good luck.

Mitchell

thsinar

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 11:54:53 pm »

Mitchell,

I had actually thoughts to write about my foreigner experiences in Thailand and publish them, but then I don't feel somebody could understand without having really lived in this country for at least a few years, letting apart to even believe what I would have written. And I don't feel myself having the right to speak the way I would have to.
But I can tell for sure that I would have 2 or 3 book tomes of 600 pages each to fill with experiences and conclusions.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

It seems a most apt metaphor and eloquent response. I wonder if you might write about the experience.
Thanks and good luck.

Mitchell
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Mitchell Baum

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 08:23:28 am »

Well that is the challenge of writing, to make us who haven't been there understand.

As to "the right to speak the way I would have to," I think this is a real and difficult issue for most writers. Writing in order to be worthwhile must often employ honesty. This requires courage.

I'd be interested in what you have to say.

Best,

Mitchell

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 03:12:02 pm »

White text on yellow background is always hard to read - unless you are using blue light for illumination!  
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 03:12:22 pm by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Carsten W

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 03:42:40 pm »

Quote from: jjj
White text on yellow background is always hard to read - unless you are using blue light for illumination!  

Add me to those who would love to hear how it was to be in Thailand during the last weeks. If the writing gives me enough information to work with, it is possible to read between the lines, and discern both good and bad in a situation, so I think it is a very worthwhile task to write this down. Such accounts are unique.
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

David K

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 06:40:14 pm »

Quote from: carstenw
Add me to those who would love to hear how it was to be in Thailand during the last weeks. If the writing gives me enough information to work with, it is possible to read between the lines, and discern both good and bad in a situation, so I think it is a very worthwhile task to write this down. Such accounts are unique.

Me too... and please tell the firmware upgrade guys to hurry up

thsinar

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 08:29:09 pm »

I am inviting you guys to come and visit me, before I am leaving: then we could have a discussion about it, with my experiences shared, and in a live-situation with some practical "hands-ons".

Thierry

Quote from: David K
Me too... and please tell the firmware upgrade guys to hurry up
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

laughingbear

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 08:44:58 pm »

Quote from: thsinar
I am inviting you guys to come and visit me, before I am leaving: then we could have a discussion about it, with my experiences shared, and in a live-situation with some practical "hands-ons".

Thierry

Tempting  

I am glad that this situation in Thailand difused, this could have easily went the wrong way as well!

thsinar

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 09:51:15 pm »

Welcome, any time, honestly!

The situation is diffused currently, but it could re-start any time, from the other camp. Let's cross fingers.

Thierry

Quote from: laughingbear
Tempting  

I am glad that this situation in Thailand difused, this could have easily went the wrong way as well!
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

laughingbear

Am I Color Blind?
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 05:38:17 am »

Quote from: thsinar
Welcome, any time, honestly!

The situation is diffused currently, but it could re-start any time, from the other camp. Let's cross fingers.

Thierry

Yeah, something we will see around the world beyond doubts is an increasing political instability, the more I was delighted to see this end without a blood bath, at times it looked dangerously inevitable.

I had actually thoughts to write about my foreigner experiences in Thailand and publish them, but then I don't feel somebody could understand without having really lived in this country for at least a few years, letting apart to even believe what I would have written. And I don't feel myself having the right to speak the way I would have to.

Just curious, why would you not have that right? Surely your insights are individual, but would open a door and allow to share a rare view into this culture from the perspective of someone who lived there.

Of course, to fully understand your perspective, one would need to have lived there as well, naturally.

Best
Georg
Pages: [1]   Go Up