Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soma early morning panos  (Read 5659 times)

Farmer

Soma early morning panos
« on: December 13, 2008, 02:42:29 am »

Got up unreasonably early to try to get the moon over Sydney Harbour at sunrise, but the clouds didn't want to share.

Still, seemed to be a few nice shots to be had and a chance to give my new pano head (manfrotto) a workout and some long exposures and all that.

Would welcome any comments regarding technical errors, composition, and so forth.

All are Sony Alpha 700 - no post processing other than stitching in CS4 from DNGs of the raws.

First one is 50mm f/1.4, 3 shots in portrait using pano head.  30s exposures ISO 200 at f/10.0, cable release and mlu.

Second one is 50mm f/1.4, 5 shots in portrait using pano head.  30s exposures ISO 200 at f/10.0, cable release and mlu.

Third one is 50mm f/1.4, 5 shots in portrait using pano head.  1s exposures ISO 200 at f/10.0, cable release and mlu.

Thanks for your time :-)
Phil Brown

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Soma early morning panos
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 02:49:07 am »

Hi There:  I really like the middle one - there's just enough light from the sky behind the bridge, and the clouds over the Opera House add visual interest.  The top one is okay, but a little too dark for me - there's no visual interest in the sky like there is in the middle one, and the bottom one is a nice representation of a city skyline, but seems rather flat and doesn't hold much interest for me.

My $0.02

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Silver Birch Studio

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/silverbirchstudio/
Soma early morning panos
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:02:11 am »

I really like the colors on the first shot, and the second is nice, too. Thanks for sharing.
~ Julie

Happy shooting!

Farmer

Soma early morning panos
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 06:31:13 am »

Thank you for the comments :-)

The middle one is my favourite, as it happens.  Will probably do a little post processing on it to see if I can improve it (recover some highlights in the Opera House, for example).
Phil Brown

vorlich

Soma early morning panos
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:50:30 am »

Initially, I thought I preferred the first image, I still prefer the colours of the water and reflection. I prefer the composition of the second, with a little more breathing space around the opera house and bridge.

Farmer

Soma early morning panos
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 04:03:48 am »

The middle one, after some post processing to deal with the highlights a bit better:

Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up