Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single Shot vs Multi Shot Backs  (Read 9517 times)

shutay

• http://www.asiaphotohub.com/Jason/
Single Shot vs Multi Shot Backs
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 11:10:08 am »

Quote from: ixpressraf
That has absolutely nothing to do with multishot as done by a real MS back. This only multiplies the entire image as it was shot in one shot. MS shoots RGB color per color and that is what makes the entire difference.

Yes, that is correct. Stacking will never replace MS, and if one compares the results, you find that MS is leaps and bounds sharper and more detailed. Initially when I was first looking to buy a digital back, I hoped to buy a multishot back from the get-go. However due to various practical reasons it happen in the end. I tried stacking, but although it does reduce noise, I think I found that it's not so effective in adding or increasing detail than multishot.

BJNY

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 01:11:37 am »

Quote from: Dustbak
As far as I know multishot takes 4 images, for each of the RGB color channels and twice for the green channel. The 2 takes for the green channel are also used to check whether there was movement or change during the exposures.

This was how it went with my 384. I now have a 39MS which has a slight different sequence. It takes a pre-shot, another bleep followed by 4 shots. Maybe David or Paul can explain what the purpose is for the pre-shot and the small bleep? (was meaning to ask for this anyway).

I changed from the square to the rectangular because my shots are mostly that way  (next to that I am also rid of the CA with the new back).

The difference of single vs multi is extremely visible on garment or fabric.

David or Paul,
Would you be so kind to explain?
Thank you,
Billy
Guillermo

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 03:00:42 am »

Not sure if this is the case with the Hasselblad multishot backs, but the Sinar multishot backs do as well an additional exposure with the effective 4 shots. It is meant to let the SW know the exact exposure time and being able to apply a new black reference to the file, if the previous BR is not longer valid.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: BJNY
David or Paul,
Would you be so kind to explain?
Thank you,
Billy
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2008, 03:03:54 am »

The new black reference is taken with the beep which comes between the pre-shot and the actual 4 shots?

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 04:01:27 am »

Dustback,

it's only a speculation concerning Hasselblad's additional shot, but that is how it is done with a Sinarback multishot in the latest Captureshop. David or Paul certainly know this.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Dustbak
The new black reference is taken with the beep which comes between the pre-shot and the actual 4 shots?
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

David Klepacki

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 11:21:02 am »

The Sinar 54H takes a black reference shot prior to the multishot sequence only when necessary.  Necessary means whenever the exposure time is altered in the software.  So, as long as the exposure time remains constant in the software, then this extra frame for black reference calibration only occurs once. As soon as you change this exposure time setting, then it will automatically take another black reference calibration shot at the beginning of the next multishot sequence.  There is no beep, but the message window on the computer screen does inform you when this occurs.  

Of course, you also have the option of eliminating this black reference shot during the multishot sequence, by doing it separately before the actual shot.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up