Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's a stupid question for H3D users...  (Read 5201 times)

robert zimmerman

Here's a stupid question for H3D users...
« on: December 12, 2008, 01:33:31 pm »

Hmmm, kind of embarrising asking this, but my dealer is closed for the weekend and I'm preparing for a gig this weekend. I was taking sometest shots getting the lighting set up and I noticed some dust in the frames I wa shooting. So, I've removed backs from an H2 about a million times but I've never released the back on my H3D II 31 and when I tried to take the back off, I couldn't get it to release...

I can push the release button as hard as I want but I can only get the back to wiggle a bit. My question would be if the back on the H3D II 31 is at all removable! If not, how the hell do you get sesor dust of the sensor?

Tanks for the help!

Kipling

shutay

• http://www.asiaphotohub.com/Jason/
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 01:41:19 pm »

I don't own an H3D, but I do rent one from time to time. The manual does cover removal of the sensor unit for cleaning. In the copy I have, it's on page 131 onwards.

It does say:

1. Remove FireWire if connected.
2. Remove the viewfinder.
3. While pushing the safety catch backwards on the sensor unit (3 illus. A) push the lever of the sensor unit release button to the right (3 illus. B ) and while maintaining that position press the centre of the button firmly inwards towards the camera body (3 illus. C) to finally release the magazine.

Seems like you are missing that part where you push the safety catch backwards first.

shutay
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:43:49 pm by shutay »

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 02:03:50 pm »

Quote from: kipling
Hmmm, kind of embarrising asking this, but my dealer is closed for the weekend and I'm preparing for a gig this weekend. I was taking sometest shots getting the lighting set up and I noticed some dust in the frames I wa shooting. So, I've removed backs from an H2 about a million times but I've never released the back on my H3D II 31 and when I tried to take the back off, I couldn't get it to release...

I can push the release button as hard as I want but I can only get the back to wiggle a bit. My question would be if the back on the H3D II 31 is at all removable! If not, how the hell do you get sesor dust of the sensor?

Tanks for the help!

Kipling

Kipling

Shutay nailed it.

You must removed the viewfinder first and slide the black button back located on the top of the digital magazine towards the LCD display and then slide and push the release button on the side of the body.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:04:18 pm by Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS »
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

robert zimmerman

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 02:05:38 pm »

Quote from: shutay
I don't own an H3D, but I do rent one from time to time. The manual does cover removal of the sensor unit for cleaning. In the copy I have, it's on page 131 onwards.

It does say:

1. Remove FireWire if connected.
2. Remove the viewfinder.
3. While pushing the safety catch backwards on the sensor unit (3 illus. A) push the lever of the sensor unit release button to the right (3 illus. B ) and while maintaining that position press the centre of the button firmly inwards towards the camera body (3 illus. C) to finally release the magazine.

Seems like you are missing that part where you push the safety catch backwards first.

shutay

Ahh! That was it, didn't have one of those on the H2... Tried pushing it just out of curiosity and nothing happened, you have to slide it back.

Thanks a million!

Kiplig
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:06:13 pm by kipling »

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 02:47:06 pm »

Quote from: kipling
Ahh! That was it, didn't have one of those on the H2... Tried pushing it just out of curiosity and nothing happened, you have to slide it back.

Thanks a million!

Kiplig

Dual locking mechanism    

Your welcome.

Paul
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up