Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Vista 64 and Epson 3800  (Read 1633 times)

SteveZ

Problems with Vista 64 and Epson 3800
« on: December 12, 2008, 09:33:15 am »

I'm on the verge of switching to Vista 64 from XP and have heard many horror stories about incompatibility of drivers for the 3800. Is this going to be a problem for me? Was it...is it a problem for you?

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 02:52:38 pm »

That was a long time ago. Epson's newest drivers seem to work well with Vista.
Eric Chan

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 08:51:00 am »

Quote from: SteveZ
I'm on the verge of switching to Vista 64 from XP and have heard many horror stories about incompatibility of drivers for the 3800. Is this going to be a problem for me? Was it...is it a problem for you?

I'm one of those who screamed bloody murder over Vista and Epson 3800. After many hours downloading different files I was no closer to finding a fix. I visited with a few technical experts who had a few ideas and got my HP printer going fine, but still nada on the 3800. I revisited the Epson site and found an update for Vista I hadn't noticed before. So if you follow the prompts on their site you will end up with a menu list of many different downloads. From that list you need the one for the Vista 64 (Printer Driver v6.50 for Vista 64) and "Firmware Update Version o02179 q.upq". Then it should work. Mine did  

SteveZ

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 12:32:06 pm »

Quote from: JohnBrew
I'm one of those who screamed bloody murder over Vista and Epson 3800. After many hours downloading different files I was no closer to finding a fix. I visited with a few technical experts who had a few ideas and got my HP printer going fine, but still nada on the 3800. I revisited the Epson site and found an update for Vista I hadn't noticed before. So if you follow the prompts on their site you will end up with a menu list of many different downloads. From that list you need the one for the Vista 64 (Printer Driver v6.50 for Vista 64) and "Firmware Update Version o02179 q.upq". Then it should work. Mine did  

thanks, John, perhaps you can send me the link to that download site?
Pages: [1]   Go Up