Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar p3 54h Back Capture Shop 5.6.1 Help Locating Metadata  (Read 2570 times)

Jax83

Sinar p3 54h Back Capture Shop 5.6.1 Help Locating Metadata
« on: December 12, 2008, 07:04:40 am »

Hi all

I'm a newbie to this forum so please excuse me if this topic has been covered before
I have been unable find any existing posts

I'm shooting on the Sinar P3 with the 54H Back tethered to a Mac Tower running 10.4.11 Capture Shop V 5.6.1

It is probably obvious but does anyone know if metadata is stored and if so where?
I am unable to get any file information either in the software or in Photoshop CS3

Thanks
Jax

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 09:25:46 am »

Dear Jax,

"Welcome" with your first post.

There is some metadata stored in the file when an image is e.g. exported in Tiff, but probably not the one data you are looking for or would want to have: there is for example the type of back used, the software version, date and time, etc ... ----> see attached screenshot.

However, there is no way that we can transfer aperture data from the lens, in case you are using CMV lenses on your Sinar p3, since the aperture is a mechanical one.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Jax83
Hi all

I'm a newbie to this forum so please excuse me if this topic has been covered before
I have been unable find any existing posts

I'm shooting on the Sinar P3 with the 54H Back tethered to a Mac Tower running 10.4.11 Capture Shop V 5.6.1

It is probably obvious but does anyone know if metadata is stored and if so where?
I am unable to get any file information either in the software or in Photoshop CS3

Thanks
Jax
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Jax83

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:57:13 am »

Quote from: thsinar
Dear Jax,

"Welcome" with your first post.

There is some metadata stored in the file when an image is e.g. exported in Tiff, but probably not the one data you are looking for or would want to have: there is for example the type of back used, the software version, date and time, etc ... ----> see attached screenshot.

However, there is no way that we can transfer aperture data from the lens, in case you are using CMV lenses on your Sinar p3, since the aperture is a mechanical one.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks for the welcome and advice Thierry
Looks like I'll have to go back to the old school ways of actually writing down my metadata

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:02:09 pm »

FYI: there will be a 5.6.2 version where "exposure", "aperture" (if possible) and "ISO" are displayed at the top of the histogram or when a thumbnail is clicked on or an image opened.

No ETA yet for this version, but I have already a beta version.

best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Jax83
Thanks for the welcome and advice Thierry
Looks like I'll have to go back to the old school ways of actually writing down my metadata
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:02:25 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

PdF

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 03:23:24 am »

Quote from: thsinar
FYI: there will be a 5.6.2 version where "exposure", "aperture" (if possible) and "ISO" are displayed at the top of the histogram or when a thumbnail is clicked on or an image opened.

No ETA yet for this version, but I have already a beta version.

best regards,
Thierry
Very good, indeed !

Merci.

But... do you have some news about the long-awaited version of eXposure for 43H and 54H ?

PdF
PdF
Pages: [1]   Go Up