Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: should i buy gigital mf back?  (Read 1953 times)

reissme

should i buy gigital mf back?
« on: February 02, 2005, 02:54:46 pm »

Hi Andy
I am in the same dilemma as you (I have Fuji S2 + non digital 6X6,  5"X4"), I shoot fashion and advertizing. I decided after checking, to buy the Canon 1Ds mark II 16.6 MP, for it's versatility, high quality and value for money, (8000$). MF 22 Mp digital are ~ 25-30% better in resolution but cost 25000$-30000$
About the firewire connection that has become unstable recently, try the new "plastic rings" solution that came now for the S3 (also 6 Mp resolution). look at it at somebody who has S3 and try to fix such solution to your S2.
regards Menachem                 www.reiss.co.il

andybuk99

should i buy gigital mf back?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 04:55:09 am »

hi everyone,
im a photographer that currently uses a fuji s2 as my digital solution, when clients dont require digital i have 35mm, 645, 67, 5x4 & 10x8 to choose from. my problem is that i shoot tethered to the computer in the studio so the image can be seen, but the firewire connection has become unstable recently. my question is should i go for a digital mf back or buy another slr of some sort? is there a enough difference in quality and future proofness (?) to warrant the extra cost. any opinions and advice greatly appreciated. regards andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up