Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing from LR2 Problem  (Read 2399 times)

Roger Jupiter

Printing from LR2 Problem
« on: December 10, 2008, 07:54:29 am »

Having trouble getting decent prints form LR2 thru a Epson 2400.  The output looks muddy and blotchy on the skin .  This looks similar to what you get with a profiling error.  If someone asked me ..I would say its one of three common problems.....

1. Trying to manage the color in both LR2 and with the printer.  LR2 is set to manage color and use the Epson profile for double sided matte (which I use for cheap profing).  The printer dialogue is set to no color management .  Just to be sure its not the profile , I tried setting Lr2 to let the printer manage the color and then turned the color managemnt on in the print dialogue settings.  Same results.

2. Print head clogged?  No ran the utility and got clean output on all heads . checked using MK for black.

3. Printing on the back of the paper...its doubled sided matte?

My MacBook Pro is calibrated and I having been printing for about 4 years.   This seems like a straighforward mistake in the settings which I am reviewing against a few reference books.

Any ideas?

Photo Op

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 08:47:46 am »

This topic has been discussed several hundred times in any forum relating to LR. Do a search!

--Dave
David

Roger Jupiter

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:18:34 am »

[quote name='Photo Op' date='Dec 10 2008, 01:47 PM' post='243237']
This topic has been discussed several hundred times in any forum relating to LR. Do a search!

--Dave
[/quote

Dave      Who made you king!  Totally uncalled for response .  I contribute regularly on several forums answering questions for others that have been asked before.    Roger

francois

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 09:58:38 am »

Roger,
Have you tried to print from Photoshop (if available) to see if the issue is also present?

This is weird. I would try the following things: print from another user account, print with another printer profile, delete your printer and re-add it, reset the printing system, reinstall drivers (look here: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....t&p=218058).

Let us know if it helps and good luck.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 09:58:58 am by francois »
Francois

Roger Jupiter

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 10:37:16 am »

Quote from: francois
Roger,
Have you tried to print from Photoshop (if available) to see if the issue is also present?

This is weird. I would try the following things: print from another user account, print with another printer profile, delete your printer and re-add it, reset the printing system, reinstall drivers (look here: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....t&p=218058).

Let us know if it helps and good luck.
Thanks for the link a real time saver and good check list.  I am still using Tiger 10.4.11 because I was aware that the R2400 had some issues with 10.5.  I also found a link that indicated the profiles for 10.4 are different from 10.5 . I tried reloading everything but will do it again with the checklist.  Otherwise friday i will have access to the MacPro and Photoshop so I can work around this.  Thanks again .

Roger

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 02:41:55 pm »

For those running the Canon iPF series printer the latest drivers on the Japanese site fix this double profiling problem in Leopard.

The Color Matching selection in the driver setup are still grayed out but in Main/Color/Set/ No Correction in now the choice. No more double profiling in LR2.1 or PSCS4 when I printed a test. Plugin still works fine.

I can also select Fast Graphic Process but I still cannot select monochrome.

All I did was install the iPF81009100-Drv-MacX5-191. I did not add any printers. Just installing this driver fixed this problem.

I suspect for those with the iPF5000 installing the 1.90 driver would fix this as well.

Doyle
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:50:42 pm by DYP »
Pages: [1]   Go Up