Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Picture Frames: Any experience  (Read 1737 times)

Samotano

• http://flickr.com/photos/97538742@N00/sets/72157603392490862/
Digital Picture Frames: Any experience
« on: December 09, 2008, 09:11:38 pm »

I am looking for a digital picture frame to display family pics.  Does anyone have any experience with the current market offerings for color savvy photographers?  I don't one dull colors or worse having to do too much trials and errors to achieve reasonably accurate colors....
Thanks

jmwscot

• http://www.johnwoodphotowork.com
Digital Picture Frames: Any experience
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 10:17:35 am »

Quote from: Samotano
I am looking for a digital picture frame to display family pics.  Does anyone have any experience with the current market offerings for color savvy photographers?  I don't one dull colors or worse having to do too much trials and errors to achieve reasonably accurate colors....
Thanks
I bought a Philips Picture Frame from John Lewis in UK. The supplied software didn't support Mac although I could get it to work just about. However the image quality was crap. It was as if some colours were missing paricularly yellows, browns and greens. It got good reviews in the usual consumer mags. I returned it to John Lewis who took it back without question. I thought, because Philips make LCD screens, the quality would be good.

If you're used to looking at a pro quality calibrated monitor I think you are gong to be disappointed. If you find a good make please let me know.

John

DickRawson

Re: Digital Picture Frames: Any experience
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:18:28 pm »

It is now June 2011, about 3 years later - can anyone now recommend a digital photo frame that you feel shows sRGB files with good colors?

I have a PanDigital PAN80-2 (circa 2008).  In Lightroom, I balanced photos to my taste and exported them to sRGB Jpeg files.  The photo frame shows them with the contrast MUCH increased.  Highlights are NOT blown out; they are still as I intended.  Consequently, darker areas are too dark and lack detail. 

I expect this is just as PanDigital intended, because it could make low-contrast photos look acceptable.  I'm glad they preserved the highlights at the expense of the dark areas, instead of vice versa.

Surely, someone has experience with a digital photo frame that you like better.  Anyone?

Dick Rawson
Pages: [1]   Go Up