Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extracting jpgs from canon raw in Bridge CS4  (Read 3108 times)

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
Extracting jpgs from canon raw in Bridge CS4
« on: December 09, 2008, 10:46:00 am »

I have about 300 raw files from a shoot this weekend, want to quickly extract jpgs from all these files so I can post them in a web gallery for customer review. I have already made some rough image adjustments using camera raw. How to quickly and easily to do this in Bridge CS4 (or camera raw) without opening each in photoshop? Do I have to create an action and batch them?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 12:27:18 pm »

Image Processor

teddillard

• http://www.teddillard.com
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 12:17:10 pm »

I'd probably do this using either Image Processor, as Jeff suggested, or right in the Camera RAW window.  (btw, Image Processor is in Bridge, under Tools>Photoshop, if memory serves.  There you can set all the things like what images to use, where to process them to, etc)

I will often just open the stuff I want to work on in Camera RAW, and setting adjustments there, as well as sizing through the Crop Tool (hold it down and select "custom..."), then Select All and Save (button is at the bottom left corner).  Then you're in a window similar to the Batch, or Image Processor window (maybe they're all related under the hood, not sure), and you save as whatever you want.  With Camera RAW 5.2 you can also apply sharpening now int he Workflow panel, I'm not sure if that applies sharpening to processed JPGs too...  Jeff?

With a quantity like 300, I'd do it in parts of whatever your system can handle, but I like to go through every image, even just for web gallery/approvals...  so this works pretty well.
Ted Dillard

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 12:32:42 pm »

Image processor worked well, I had gone through groups of similar images and set white balance and exposure in camera raw.  Then ran image processor. Worked as advertised.

Nick Rains

• http://www.nickrains.com
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 09:35:55 pm »

Quote from: soboyle
Image processor worked well, I had gone through groups of similar images and set white balance and exposure in camera raw.  Then ran image processor. Worked as advertised.
Image Processor is fine, but for a fast solution try Michael Tapes's "Instant Jpeg from RAW". It just pulls out the camera's preview jpeg from the RAW file so there is no control other than what the camera was set to. It's fast though, and might do the trick if time is of the essence. Image Processor actually converts the RAW file to Jpeg; which is better in many ways, but slower.
Nick Rains
Australian Photographer Leica

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 06:47:54 am »

Or use the script Bridge Export to JPEG.

UPDATE - I should add that the beauty of the script is in using the rendered previews. So it's quicker than Image Processor or saving multiple files from the Camera Raw dialog.

John
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:02:51 am by johnbeardy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up