Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca Swiss R m3d  (Read 11673 times)

Neprecon

Arca Swiss R m3d
« on: December 08, 2008, 06:14:55 pm »

Who has experienced that camera?
Haven't found anything actual, all the posts are over a year old now.
Are there any concerns? No sliding adapter maybe.
Almost half the price of the Sinar Artec!?!

http://www.galerie-photo.net/index1.html

ixpressraf

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 02:31:20 am »

Hi,
I was playing around with it yesterday. When not using Tlit, it looks a very nice camera to me. However, the lack of a sliding back makes it difficult to use withouth live-view. Mechanically perfect.

omginparis

• http://www.omgphotographe.com
Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:01:16 am »

Quote from: ixpressraf
Hi,
I was playing around with it yesterday. When not using Tlit, it looks a very nice camera to me. However, the lack of a sliding back makes it difficult to use withouth live-view. Mechanically perfect.
Arca is a company that makes you wait for years...
I have talked with them a few days ago. The rm 3d is supposed to be ready next january....may be it is january of 2010.
Too bad because the product that I had in my hand at Paris  "Salon de la photo" seems pretty nice. IT IS mechanically perfect, and very small. Also the viewfinder is very helpful you don't need a sliding back.
omg

yaya

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 04:43:13 am »

Quote from: ixpressraf
Hi,

The Arca-Swiss Rotaslide works fine on the Rm3d with lenses as wide as the Rodenstock 28mm HR I believe.

Yair

Rainer

• http://schoditsch.photoshelter.com
Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 09:48:12 am »

I saw a prototype of this camera live at Photokina 2006 (!). And it´s still not available ...?

I loved their F-Line 4x5 cameras and still think they are the best around. Once I had a problem with it, asked for help and never got an answer. Only my reliable dealer in Germany was willing and able to help.

I´m so sick of their non existing information policy. Still no website and we are writing the year 2009 soon!

What a joke.

blacksun

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 01:16:41 am »

agreed... Arca Swiss equipment is beautifully designed and thoughtfully engineered.

I love shooting my F-metric and especially with the orbix, even though it took over 2 years for the upgrade. TWO YEARS even after an iron clad promise of 4 weeks upon purchase of the system. I still shoot studio work with it with a 39MP back.

Their ball heads are exemplar and the benchmark which everyone follows.

The new R camera has been promised for release for years, Philippe and Martin made the promise to me and several other shooters at photoplus in '06, great concept, but 100% MIA.

Beware, their customer service, communication, repair service, dealer support is simply non-existent - which is completely redonkulous.  

Would you buy a car (especially one that you had to drive every day to make a living) if there were no parts or service?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 01:18:23 am by blacksun »
find me here:
 [url=http://www.michaelbla

ARCA

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 02:50:56 pm »

@ Nepreconand ixpressraf
Yes the Rm3D II  can be used with or without a rotating sliding back.

@ omginparis You remember right, I told you at the Salon de la Photo in
Paris that the Rm3D II will be delivered in January. January 2009. And I'm
sure you do also know about Photographers who are already using the Rm3D in France.

@ Rainer. The Rm3D is available for exactly a Year by now! First shipments
started December 2007 and there are still some units available if you are
really interested? I think there is some confusion about the Rm3D from Kina
2006 and the Rm3D II from Kina 2008 which is an improved and slightly larger
version. I will post soon a Press Release with Specification and exact delivery date of the Rm3D II

@ blacksun.  Dear Michael, I've gone back 4 Years of e-mails so did
ARCA-SWISS/Chicago, we contacted all major ARCA-SWISS Dealers in the US but
I regret, none of them remember your orbix upgrade neither do we or them
have any e-mails from you ? Would you mind to inform me when you have been
in this lucky position to upgrade your used View Camera with the latest
available orbix tilt? (you can send me a PM about the Dealer)
As I mentioned above the Rm3D is available for a Year and you can see, touch and buy it
from ARCA-SWISS Dealers. (example; Photomark)
As the contacted Dealers do not have you on record for at least four
Years I wonder how you can judge our Customer Service, our excellent Repair
Service done by PrecisionCameraWorks or our Dealer Support? Catalogues and other information
can all be downloaded at Precision Camera Works homepage.
Your car comparison is therefore quiet Off as you are earning money for at
least four Years without a single hitch. (let me guess; your orbix upgrade
was around 8 Years ago?)

ARCA-SWISS International
Martin Vogt
(arca-swiss@wanadoo.fr)

froesner

• http://images.luiroq.com
Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 05:08:23 pm »

Catalogues and other information

ARCA-SWISS International
Martin Vogt
(arca-swiss@wanadoo.fr)
[/quote]

Martin,

as far as I can see the Precision Camera Works homepage only contains catalogues and other information as recent as 2007 (dealer list) and 2006 (product info).

Where can I find any (2008) info about the R m3d (II)?

Best

Frank

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 06:04:48 pm »

the repair service in the US is top rate
maybe the best of all the manufacturers

blacksun

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:35:35 am »

Quote from: ARCA
@ blacksun.  Dear Michael, I've gone back 4 Years of e-mails so did
ARCA-SWISS/Chicago, we contacted all major ARCA-SWISS Dealers in the US but
I regret, none of them remember your orbix upgrade neither do we or them
have any e-mails from you ? Would you mind to inform me when you have been
in this lucky position to upgrade your used View Camera with the latest
available orbix tilt? (you can send me a PM about the Dealer)
As I mentioned above the Rm3D is available for a Year and you can see, touch and buy it
from ARCA-SWISS Dealers. (example; Photomark)
As the contacted Dealers do not have you on record for at least four
Years I wonder how you can judge our Customer Service, our excellent Repair
Service done by PrecisionCameraWorks or our Dealer Support? Catalogues and other information
Your car comparison is therefore quiet Off as you are earning money for at
least four Years without a single hitch. (let me guess; your orbix upgrade
was around 8 Years ago?)

ARCA-SWISS International
Martin Vogt
(arca-swiss@wanadoo.fr)

Martin:

This is a friendly email as I have always wanted Arca Swiss to be a thriving manufacturer.  Let's not debate the definition of thriving but agree that it includes and is not limited to robust manufacturing with a ready supply of full kits and component parts; a service department with a turn-around service 2nd to none; marketing materials that floods the market place including a up-to-date website; several dealers with physical locations to demo, rent and purchase gear; and lastly a community who desires none other than what the manufacturer produces.

With that said, I purchased my gear and several lenses directly from Rod.  I even made a special trip to visit with him while I was in Arizona.  I have had several conversations with Ms. Graham-Henry and have talked and emailed with you and Philippe a number of times.  I have an entire file on my Orbix upgrade. It is nice to know I can go unnoticed though.  I really didn't think my position to upgrade was "lucky" unless you are really meaning unlucky.  

I really do appreciate your response on this forum, but what might be most significant to take away from my message are real areas for improvement and echoed sentiments that photographers are fond of your equipment but....  Lastly, my identity is not hidden and you can always reach out personally and conduct damage control if you so choose

find me here:

Rainer

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 03:22:29 am »

Quote from: ARCA
I think there is some confusion about the Rm3D from Kina
2006 and the Rm3D II from Kina 2008 ...

Well, i´m sure there is. How could there be not confusion if there is no information available on a (non) exisiting website?
I remember when i posted a scan of your Rm3D folder, that i grabbed from your booth at Photokina 2006, on largeformatphotography.info forums.
Hundreds of forum members downloaded the scans and the download link was posted in several other forums, because they obviously didn´t get any information anywhere else. Shouldn´t that be food for thougt?

[attachment=10261:arcaRm3d.jpg]

I remember myself trying to contact your company directly for about three times. First many years ago by phone. Someone answered the phone in french and i asked for somebody able to speak german or english. I don´t speek french but knew enough to understand there is nobody available. Stop. So i sent a fax. No answer at all.
Years later i sent an email to ask for something (nevertheless i had already bought an Arca F-Line!). No answer.
Last time i asked for help with a problem with the rail of my Arca. Again, no answer.
So i contacted Mr. Greiner in Germany (excellent dealer). Mr. Greiner gave me a return call, explained in detail what to do and could help to solve the problem. I didn´t expect anything else from him...

So today i still buy from Mr. Greiner - but do not use an Arca anymore...

Sorry for being so critical. Maybe just an unfortunate combination of circumstances. But these are my personal experiences. I don´t have no other.

ARCA

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 12:32:08 pm »

Dear Michael

You are right, we are not flooding the market with marketing materials as we serve several different and specific niche markets.
We have been holding back the Press Release about 5 new products we showed during Kina 2008 as we have been blamed last Kina to announce Products which where later delayed.
Well this time we will announce only products which are shipping immediately or within 30 days.
You see there is still hope that we are trying to improve what we do.

However and in summary; New Products shown at Photokina are announced either too early or too late.
What doesn't change is the date of this unique Show regardless where you stand in terms of new product developments.

Martin
[quote name='blacksun' date='Dec 12 2008, 07:35 AM' post='243785']
Martin:
I have an entire file on my Orbix upgrade. It is nice to know I can go unnoticed though.

Please apologise that we did not find your record within the few hours we had to respond.
I'm glad to inform you today, that we have found your file dating from June 2002 and that I will send you a PM of our records and findings.

Martin

Rainer

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 05:49:31 am »

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your email!

Best,
Rainer

blacksun

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 11:57:54 am »

Well Martin, I really hope you take the positive comments I posted as well as the comments suggesting improving your communications, your customers' perceptions of service and communications (i.e. marketing and availability).  It should be obvious that you have a fan base for the finished product of which I am a member.

Also, thank you for responding.  For the record, after my experiences with Arca Swiss I have moved on to other camera solutions that I shoot with on a regular basis.  I still have my Metric which I shoot with on very rare occasion. I will look for your personal message.

find me here:

thom

• my website
Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 03:53:24 am »

My experiences with Arca Swiss:
1 - My 4x5" and my 8x10" Arca Swiss and my lately sold 6x9 are very fine cameras, absolutely nothing wrong with them.
2 - december  14th, 2007:  I ordered a adapter-plate to use my Mamiya 645 digital back on a 6x9 Arca at the official Arca dealer here in Switzerland.
3 - february 24th, 2008: another manufacturer presented a new camera for architecture photography as a prototype.
4 - april 11th, 2008: after 5 month waiting for the Arca adapter I decided to order the other camera.
5 - april 29th, 2008: delievery of the Arca adapter (no discount or apology from Arca)
6 - june 18th, 2008: delievery of the other camera

Summary: five and a half month for Arca to deliever a standart accessory - four month for the other manufacturer from prototype to delievery of a serial product.
I leave the conclusions up to you, but I am happy with my decision...

thom.

btw: I have a Arca-Mamiya645 adapter plate for sale - "a very rare item" - PM if you're interested.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 04:28:06 am by thom »

ARCA

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 10:04:38 am »

Dear Tomh

According to our Sales there was no delivery delay at all, we sent actually five pieces to our Distributor in Switzerland during the Period you mention.
I will forward your comments to our Distributor in Switzerland to get further information and to see what went wrong.

Regards

Martin Vogt

bryanyc

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 06:13:15 am »

To the Arca folks:

It is nice to see that you are posting here defending your products and supply times but:

First - you have no web site at all.  This is 2009.  Why?  There should be all information available online at YOUR OWN WEB SITE.  Please explain the reason why you have no web site.

Second - it is undeniable that your parts and cameras are excellent, at least the ones that you have made in the past.  It is also undeniable that you have severe problems with supplying parts, information and current products.  I have tried to contact whomever it is that is supposed to represent you in Chicago about repairs and it was confusing at best.  But this is not exactly the issue.  Direct information on the web from a site that you operate is the answer.

It would be better if you acknowledged the problems and started to deal with them rather than ignoring the working experience of professional photographers.

Also, since I can not find info on it can you please direct me to a link (on a third party site naturally) to info on your excellent but extremely rare 3 way leveling head - or has that been discontinued?

Thanks and good luck.

asf

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 06:40:39 am »

this one?

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.ph...etail&p=688

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/3423...eared_Head.html

i have one for years now, it's incredible
although not really strong enough for 8x10 with normal to long lenses
worth every penny, not so hard to find

but if there's another 3 way head i haven't heard about it

ARCA

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 09:39:00 am »

Dear Bryan

There are two ARCA-SWISS heads which allow separate movements.
The Monoball B2/Z2 and the ARCA-SWISS Cube.
You can download the ARCA-SWISS tripod head catalogue
at the following link.

http://www.precisioncameraworks.com/Media/monoball.pdf

Other Information at:

http://www.precisioncameraworks.com/Pages/arca_core.html

Regards

Martin

asf

Arca Swiss R m3d
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 03:25:20 pm »

yes, forgot about the b2
used to use them before the c1
very good, nice compact profile, rather heavy, side to side locking never quite enough for 8x10 so got the foba asmia for that

how does the z2 differ from the b2?
can't find any info online about it (actually never knew about it before today)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up