Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hasselblad 250 sa / digital capture  (Read 2440 times)

adrian tyler

• http://www.adriantyler.net/
hasselblad 250 sa / digital capture
« on: December 08, 2008, 03:17:52 am »

has anyone any experience of using the hasselblad 250 sa lens with a digitial back?, i'd be interested in the results, thanks!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 03:50:39 am by adrian tyler »

David Klepacki

hasselblad 250 sa / digital capture
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 12:39:21 pm »

Quote from: adrian tyler
has anyone any experience of using the hasselblad 250 sa lens with a digitial back?, i'd be interested in the results, thanks!

Yes, I have used the 250sa with various digital backs (Kodak, Phase, Hasselblad, Leaf, and Sinar).  As you would expect, the aberration correction (no CA) and color quality is quite high.  However, I do not have a direct comparison with the less expensive non-sa version of this lens, so all I can say is that the sa version will not disappoint.  My only problem with it is the rather long close focusing distance, which is why I prefer the 300TPP.  The 300TPP focuses much closer for tight portrait work.  The 300TPP carries quite a high price tag, but people often forget that you are really buying two extremely fast lenses, a 300/2.8 and a 500/4.8, since the 1.7X extender is matched extremely well (similar to Leica module).  One advantage of the 250sa is that it has a leaf shutter, and so it can be used with higher flash sync and can also be used with the Hasselblad Flexbody.
Pages: [1]   Go Up