Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shooting Tables  (Read 6951 times)

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Shooting Tables
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 09:55:35 am »

Weight is kind of relative naturally but I can, especially on the top plate, this one is attached to the sides with a double attachment on each side. One attachment on the level of the plate and one below that creating a triangle form which is strong enough to hold some weight. So pretty heavy stuf can be put on it as well depending whether the perspex plate can carry that. The arm were never meant to hold up the heavy stuff judging from their structural rigidity. They are merely keeping the perspex in a slope. I have had brass statues on it that were pretty heavy (not sure how heavy but it felt like 15kg's or so) which did bend the top plate a little bit but other than that no problem. I use 8mm perspex as top plate which is pretty sturdy. I hope my explanation makes some sense to you

The posture thing is something I tend to look after myself as well. The bottom plate I often take out. I only use it when I need a larger white plate below. I can also slide in a smaller one with the same width as this one but not the length. Or if I don't need that big of a distance I slide both plates in the top holder. The distance between the plates is than only a couple of centimers but that is enough in many cases.

You are right it is always a fine line between having a workable solution that is sustainable for a longer period of time or something that ends up with having head and back pain.

It still isn't ideal and I am continuously adapting to come to further improvements.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:04:27 am by Dustbak »

E_Edwards

Shooting Tables
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 10:37:04 am »

Thank you Dustbak, I think you have a very practical set up. Like you, I am always thinking of ways to improve, and this coming year I'll be concentrating in making changes to make my life easier. Unlike many photographers, I like a clean, almost minimalistic environment, with all the superfluous flags, poles, reflectors, etc. hidden away from sight as much as possible. I can't stand mess around me, although there is always some mess when you work, like water, splashes, bits thrown over the set, spills and so on.

I tend to hoard lots of useless things and I am lucky that my assistant has such a good memory to remember where I put them away!

Zachary Goulko

Shooting Tables
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 01:02:16 pm »

Quote from: Dustbak
Some images of my altered table.

Thanks Dustbak for posting the pics. Your setup looks very clean, and thought out.

I want to ad a light rail system in the studio, as I am constantly tripping over booms, light stands, and wires, but unfortunately we have a dropped ceiling with ceiling tiles.

Quote from: E_Edwards
Dustbak,

I like your set up, it's very practical and lends itself to the restricted space.

Edward

Dear Edward,

Would you mind posting some pics of your setup? I would love to see what your shooting area looks like.

Thanks in advance...
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up