Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New here, wondering what you think  (Read 2817 times)

mnmblu

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
New here, wondering what you think
« on: December 05, 2008, 09:53:16 PM »

I was wondering what you photographers think of this image on the cover and if any of you have read this book.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 05:25:11 PM by mnmblu »
Logged

mnmblu

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
New here, wondering what you think
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 04:32:07 PM »

That bad huh?
Logged

bretedge

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 310
    • Bret Edge Photography
New here, wondering what you think
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 05:29:06 PM »

The cover image isn't bad at all.  No idea about the book, though I do have another book published by them and it is quite good.

Geoff Wittig

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1020
New here, wondering what you think
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 07:24:08 AM »

Quote from: mnmblu
I was wondering what you photographers think of this image on the cover and if any of you have read this book.

RockyNook publishes a lot of English translations of German language photography books, together with books written by "imports" like Uwe Steinmueller. Also the publisher of Alain Briot's pinspirational landscape book. They tend to be very good technically, but a bit...turgid in their writing style, and not especially creative. There are exceptions; Christian Bloch's book on HDR is quite entertaining and clever.
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 13726
New here, wondering what you think
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 10:16:21 AM »

Nice picture; could make one think.

Rob C

mnmblu

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
New here, wondering what you think
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 11:26:26 PM »

Thanks for your input.

The image is mine and Rockynook asked to use it as their cover.  I was flattered.  

I am also a sports artist that uses photoshop to create my werks.

My site is currently under construction... working on it every day now.  There is enough to get an idea if you are interested.

http://www.ASGsportwerks.com
Logged

JMCP

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 88
New here, wondering what you think
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 02:22:22 AM »

Hi,

I'm far from an expert on web design and don't usually like flash based sites but I really liked yours, the gallery theme is very eye catching but, I thought the large red and green buttons to navigate to the Automobile and Baseball galleries was completely out of sync with the rest of the design and also not up tot he standard of the rest of the site, maybe those buttons are only temporary as you state that it is very much a work in progress.


Cheers John


 
Quote from: mnmblu
Thanks for your input.

The image is mine and Rockynook asked to use it as their cover.  I was flattered.  

I am also a sports artist that uses photoshop to create my werks.

My site is currently under construction... working on it every day now.  There is enough to get an idea if you are interested.

http://www.ASGsportwerks.com
Logged

mnmblu

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
New here, wondering what you think
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 09:26:29 PM »

Quote from: JMCP
Hi,

I'm far from an expert on web design and don't usually like flash based sites but I really liked yours, the gallery theme is very eye catching but, I thought the large red and green buttons to navigate to the Automobile and Baseball galleries was completely out of sync with the rest of the design and also not up tot he standard of the rest of the site, maybe those buttons are only temporary as you state that it is very much a work in progress.


Cheers John

Thanks John, and yes, you are right.  That page is very much temporary and is not a priority.  Getting the werks up is more important.  I will backtrack and clean things up when my content is fully loaded.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up