Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lemur from Akron Zoo  (Read 2317 times)

dalethorn

Lemur from Akron Zoo
« on: December 05, 2008, 10:40:22 am »

This was a tough shot, partly because of the pose which doesn't occur often, and partly due to shooting through protective glass which is slightly dirty. The lighting is also unique, with a heavy green cast that had to be adjusted. There's a bit of unavoidable smear in the darker areas, since I had to shoot handheld without flash or other supportive lighting, using a Panasonic TZ5.

button

• http://
Lemur from Akron Zoo
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 11:26:23 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
This was a tough shot, partly because of the pose which doesn't occur often, and partly due to shooting through protective glass which is slightly dirty. The lighting is also unique, with a heavy green cast that had to be adjusted. There's a bit of unavoidable smear in the darker areas, since I had to shoot handheld without flash or other supportive lighting, using a Panasonic TZ5.

That's a cool shot.  The lemur has a very pensive, humanlike pose.  Well done.

John

dalethorn

Lemur from Akron Zoo
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:04:30 pm »

Quote from: button
That's a cool shot.  The lemur has a very pensive, humanlike pose.  Well done.

John
Since you're forced to watch them for some time to get the ideal shot, you get to observe a lot of their behavior. Which makes you think about your own behavior.

Silver Birch Studio

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/silverbirchstudio/
Lemur from Akron Zoo
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 08:52:04 pm »

Those eyes are amazing, aren't they?
~ Julie

Happy shooting!

dalethorn

Lemur from Akron Zoo
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 10:52:05 pm »

Quote from: Silver Birch Studio
Those eyes are amazing, aren't they?
Here's another type of Lemur from the adjoining exhibit. Same glass front, the lighting not color-shifted much, just glare problems. I got lucky with this one - no significant post-processing required for this image.
Pages: [1]   Go Up