Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe laying off staff  (Read 2571 times)

sniper

Adobe laying off staff
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:20:43 pm »

I came across this    laying off staff  maybe Adobes global position isn't as strong as they would have us believe.  Wayne

Geoff Wittig

Adobe laying off staff
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 04:08:15 pm »

Quote from: sniper
I came across this    laying off staff  maybe Adobes global position isn't as strong as they would have us believe.  Wayne

Just typical American business practice these days. Stock price not quite meeting the target needed to support the CEO's $50 million bonus? Well, lay off 600 low level employees and pocket their salary/benefits for those executive "compensation packages". Mission accomplished!

David Hufford

Adobe laying off staff
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 03:36:17 am »

Quote from: sniper

Interesting. Seeing that Adobe charges about double (more if discounts applied) for the exact same---and arguably already overpriced--- software download in Japan that it charges in the US while providing minimum (or poor) customer service, I assume that they are trying to make up for US shortfalls by transferring costs to overseas customers. I know that I have canceled contemplated purchases from them for these reasons. It appears they may need a new strategy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:38:11 am by drichi »
*Never fall in love with anything that c

sniper

Adobe laying off staff
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 04:47:39 am »

Quote from: drichi
Interesting. Seeing that Adobe charges about double (more if discounts applied) for the exact same---and arguably already overpriced--- software download in Japan that it charges in the US while providing minimum (or poor) customer service, I assume that they are trying to make up for US shortfalls by transferring costs to overseas customers. I know that I have canceled contemplated purchases from them for these reasons. It appears they may need a new strategy.

Pretty much the same here in the UK and Europe, I heard of one guy who flew to the US (from the UK) stayed in a hotel bought CS4 flew home and still saved about £600 on the full suite.
I know a lot of togs who are not spending out with a recession hanging over them, after all new software is nice, but the old one (or even a free one like gimp) will still do the job.    Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up