Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maxxum 7d underexposed  (Read 3397 times)

Maxxum 7d underexposed
« on: January 31, 2005, 05:43:03 am »

Modern lenses contain a chip which tells the camera what aperture is set, what it's maximim aperture is, and where it's focused.

Given what you've written, this Sigma lens likely isn't communicating this information properly to the camera. You'd best send the lens in to a Sigma service center for adjustment.

Michael

fokkerdmr

Maxxum 7d underexposed
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 06:12:12 pm »

Can you provide more information about your shots?

Are you using full program (Green P) mode or P mode?
Are you using TTL or ADI flash calculation?

Any exposure compensation? or flash compensation? ISO setting?

Most everyone with the 7D (myself included) has had great success with the built in flash provided you're in range of its output capabilities...

Dave

fokkerdmr

Maxxum 7d underexposed
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 12:25:08 pm »

Yes, sounds like it may be a lens chip upgrade if the other lenses you have are good...

Have fun with the 7D!

Dave

swhitten

Maxxum 7d underexposed
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 09:37:50 pm »

Hello All,
I just got my Maxxum 7d.  I bought it because I already own several lenses for my film Maxxum.  I've been shooting pictures this weekend, playing with settings, etc.  

I have a Sigma 28-135 lens, and all the indoor pictures I shoot with it are too dark - waaaay underexposed.  I am using the built-in flash only, because I haven't bought an additional flash yet.

I also have a Sigma 70-210 lens, and it is making great pictures with the built in flash.

I've read complaints from others about underexposure, but it seems to me that it's the lens, not the camera, since the other lens works fine.

Thoughts/suggestions/comments/help??

Thanks!
swhitten@midsouth.rr.com

swhitten

Maxxum 7d underexposed
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 08:56:50 am »

Michael,
Thanks for the prompt reply.  Sounds like a good explanation.
Sherry

swhitten

Maxxum 7d underexposed
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 07:29:47 pm »

Dave,
Thank you for your input.  I am pleased to know that you are experiencing good results.  I've experimented with many, many different settings, including full manual mode, based on suggestions from a pro photographer friend.  The flash seems to be working fine with my other lens. It seems that the problem is the one lens.  I just need to get it worked on, I guess.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up