Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you post photos?  (Read 2938 times)

Mark F

How do you post photos?
« on: December 03, 2008, 09:55:28 pm »

Help please      

Could someone walk me through the steps of posting JPEG images as part of a post?  I thought that the file names should be entered in the lower right next to the "browse" button and then uploaded. Not only did that not work, but the files are now sitting on LL's site.

Also, I see that many people are able to post with the images in a little window of their own that has to be clicked on to see. There's a caption that the image has been reduced. Can that be done through Lightroom?

I looked at the Help files but do not see the answers there.

Thanks very much.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:57:19 pm by Mark F »
Mark

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
How do you post photos?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:28:14 pm »

Here you are:

1. Click on "Choose File" button, in the lower right-hand corner, next to the green "UPLOAD" button

2. A file browser for files on your computer will pop up... choose the file you want and upload it

3. In the lower left-hand corner you will see a drop-down menu "Manage Current Attachments", with the number of attachments available in brackets... when the menu drops down, your file will be there

4. Next to your file name, there will be two icons... one with a green dot, the other with a red one... the green one, when hover your mouse over it will say: "Insert attachment into text editor", the other one: "Delete attachment"

5. Position your text pointer where you want the picture to be inserted in the text editor, then click on "Insert attachment into text editor"

There you go!

P.S. As a part of this exercise, I am inserting one of my pictures, hope you do not mind  

[attachment=10097:Bass_Harbor.jpg]

duffergirl

• http://
How do you post photos?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 11:02:48 am »

Just viewing some posts and came upon your response.  That is a stunning shot....the clarity, colour...the composition...wow!!  This is what I aspire to.

Would you mind sharing how you got this shot for us beginners?  Lens...specs...tripod...

thanks for sharing
Tammy

Quote from: slobodan56
Here you are:

1. Click on "Choose File" button, in the lower right-hand corner, next to the green "UPLOAD" button

2. A file browser for files on your computer will pop up... choose the file you want and upload it

3. In the lower left-hand corner you will see a drop-down menu "Manage Current Attachments", with the number of attachments available in brackets... when the menu drops down, your file will be there

4. Next to your file name, there will be two icons... one with a green dot, the other with a red one... the green one, when hover your mouse over it will say: "Insert attachment into text editor", the other one: "Delete attachment"

5. Position your text pointer where you want the picture to be inserted in the text editor, then click on "Insert attachment into text editor"

There you go!

P.S. As a part of this exercise, I am inserting one of my pictures, hope you do not mind  

[attachment=10097:Bass_Harbor.jpg]

Give me the luxuries in life and I will gladly forego the necessities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up