Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pure B&W printing from Qimage  (Read 2536 times)

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
Pure B&W printing from Qimage
« on: December 03, 2008, 07:39:16 am »

Hey all,

If i have a bunch of prints to do in Qimage and some are color and some are B&W is it better if I print them in a separate job? I am thinking about the neutrality of the black and whites. If i "print in color" for the whole lot does the printer only use the black and gray inks for the black and whites or a composite? Or should i separate the jobs and choose "print in B&W" for better results?
thanks.

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:08:01 am »

Quote from: ThePhotoDude
Hey all,

If i have a bunch of prints to do in Qimage and some are color and some are B&W is it better if I print them in a separate job? I am thinking about the neutrality of the black and whites. If i "print in color" for the whole lot does the printer only use the black and gray inks for the black and whites or a composite? Or should i separate the jobs and choose "print in B&W" for better results?
thanks.
I've been using the Z3100 for over a year now.  I always send B&W files to the printer in RGB format, and at times mix color and B&W 2-up on the same page.  If the color and white balance are right in my monitor, they come out right in the printer.  I get beautifully neutral B&W prints this way (If I choose for them to be neutral).

dave mason

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 07:29:40 am »

Ditto with Walter.

rdonson

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 10:53:41 am »

If you're a real stickler for b&w on the Z Ernst Dinkla is generally very open to sharing what he's learned and how he approaches it.
Regards,
Ron

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 01:07:00 am »

If your using a color center profile sending R=G=B to the printer will result in the printer using only B/W inks.
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow
Pages: [1]   Go Up