Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: L Plate for Pano head  (Read 1543 times)

neil74

L Plate for Pano head
« on: December 02, 2008, 06:51:44 am »

I recently purchased a nodal ninja 180.  I chose it over the others as it has a smaller footprint whilst still being able to support fairly meaty cameras (something the NN3 cannot do)

Anyway being impulsive I never fully researched it and of course the NN180 is only suitable for mouting the camera in a landscape orientation and I really want to shoot with the camera in portrait.  So what to do?  I could return it and pick up a NN5.  I am however looking at an l-plate as a decent l plate would solve the problem quite easily and would still leave me with less bulk than a NN5.

Any others ideas?  currently the RRS plates are all I have found and getting one shipped to the UK could prove costly.

marcmccalmont

L Plate for Pano head
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 07:28:23 am »

Quote from: neil74
I recently purchased a nodal ninja 180.  I chose it over the others as it has a smaller footprint whilst still being able to support fairly meaty cameras (something the NN3 cannot do)

Anyway being impulsive I never fully researched it and of course the NN180 is only suitable for mouting the camera in a landscape orientation and I really want to shoot with the camera in portrait.  So what to do?  I could return it and pick up a NN5.  I am however looking at an l-plate as a decent l plate would solve the problem quite easily and would still leave me with less bulk than a NN5.

Any others ideas?  currently the RRS plates are all I have found and getting one shipped to the UK could prove costly.

Ask RRS to ship via international priority mail (insured) and the cost for shipping will be a lot better.
Marc
Marc McCalmont

neil74

L Plate for Pano head
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:55:49 am »

Quote from: marcmccalmont
Ask RRS to ship via international priority mail (insured) and the cost for shipping will be a lot better.
Marc

The manfrotto elbow adapter seems to offer a more generic solution, it will add to my bulk yes but it will work out at half the price plus I have a handful of various Manfrotto quick release plates and I would not have to buy a arca plate on top as I would with both the RRS and Kirk plates.

neil74

L Plate for Pano head
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 11:36:33 am »

Anbody know is there is any difference in load capacity and general sturdiness between the 340 elbow and 341 junior elbow?  Price wise they are almost the same and they weight the same but there is no indication as to what one could be more sturdy.  I have several quick release plates for both.
Pages: [1]   Go Up