Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, from Edinburgh, Scotland  (Read 1969 times)

EdinburghGary

Hello, from Edinburgh, Scotland
« on: December 01, 2008, 10:52:21 am »

Hello  

Been a lurker on and off for a year or so, and thought it might be time to join!!  My name is Gary (duh), and I live in Edinburgh.  28, Married, 1 kid and a few pets!

I started photography in December 2007, and have been hooked every since.  I am a Nikon man, started with a D200 and added a D3 in March 08.  Very recently I added a Fuji S5 Pro to my kit, to test the "legendary" Dynamic Range.  Trouble is, I don't really know what I am doing (mostly), so the S5 was a silly purchase.  I have a Canon G9 as my compact choice.

Now the reason I joined, I really want to take my landscape photography to the next level.  I have loads of questions, and a thirst to learn.  I also love to share my images, and enjoy seeing the work of others.  I do not shoot commercially, but it would be nice if I were able to, if I had the need to.  In short, I want to get better, with the kit I have.

Hello if I know you from any of the other forums

Gary.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 12:36:38 pm »

Welcome Gary! Hopefully, you will share with us some shots from your fabulous homeland soon.

EdinburghGary

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 04:24:04 pm »

Thanks for the welcome !!

I dont have many good ones, but I will pick my best and stick them up for hints and tips on improvement

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 01:17:42 am »

Hi Gary, and welcome to the list!  Now that you've introduced yourself, jump right in!!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up