Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hoping the Mamiya Tilt/Shift comes soon  (Read 7985 times)

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Hoping the Mamiya Tilt/Shift comes soon
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 07:42:45 pm »

I tested and tried all three 40m, 80mm, and 120mm T/S lenses from hartblei on my 1DsMk3 and I have never seen such good 35mm lenses. Sharp from corner to corner even when fully shifted or tilted. Much better than anything Nikon or Canon can offer. ( I was planing on doing a review, but I'm to busy at the moment.) They are just incredible.

On the other hand the Phase one 45 T/S is unknown. A lot of reviews were promised none delivered. A lot of dealers don't have a clue when it will ship. I have the feeling that the lens is just not meeting phase high standard like the 45-90 zoom and so they are still working on it.

I prefer it that way. I don't need a 45 T/S lens which performance is bad....
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Jonathan H

• http://
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 08:54:47 pm »

Quote from: Christopher
I tested and tried all three 40m, 80mm, and 120mm T/S lenses from hartblei on my 1DsMk3 and I have never seen such good 35mm lenses. Sharp from corner to corner even when fully shifted or tilted. Much better than anything Nikon or Canon can offer. ( I was planing on doing a review, but I'm to busy at the moment.) They are just incredible.

On the other hand the Phase one 45 T/S is unknown. A lot of reviews were promised none delivered. A lot of dealers don't have a clue when it will ship. I have the feeling that the lens is just not meeting phase high standard like the 45-90 zoom and so they are still working on it.

I prefer it that way. I don't need a 45 T/S lens which performance is bad....

I've got the Hartblei 65mm f/3.5 SuperRotator T/S on my 5D.  My experience has been similar to Christopher's - amazing glass.
Long walks on the beach, nights by the f

Stefan.Steib

• HCam - Hartblei Pro Photography solutions
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 05:38:44 am »

Evanjoe

You are talking about some informations here which I doubt you have any real facts. I would kindly ask you, to open your anonymous status and declare which Zeiss source in USA and which "former" Hartblei Person you are speaking about.
(BTW we have NDA contracts with Zeiss if someone has told you any nonsense like this, we could as well take charges..........)

For the other readers: The "Former Hartblei company" still use the Hartblei.com (they are selling old or fake stuff and are no longer in connection with Hartblei) and state they are selling Hartblei products which is not true.
Infact they are selling cheapo Copies which do by no means meet our new standards (Tilt adapter!), Arax or Arsenal lenses and old stock of Hartblei Products. They cannot deliver any "old russian version" Superrotators anymore because we (Hartblei - Kiev and Munich) don´t build them anymore. We have asked them to release the hartblei.com but they refuse this, as they think this is giving them any advantage to fool people about their real status.
Kievcamera- Mike Fourman is also no businesspartner of Hartblei anymore. We had various difficulties with him, but I will keep silence about these details, and thus should he and stop these guerilla attacks to our business.
Now you "may understand" why these people are infiltrating these Fora like LL and tell half true or even wrong facts about our products.

We are building our35mm product line, the name Protoype will be dropped soon and we even have new and improved versions of our lenses.( see here     http://www.hartblei.de/photos/Hartblei_Pre..._Oktober08s.jpg   )
The Phase One Medium Format Lens (BTW it is the ONLY TS lens in its class, maybe this makes some people so nervous) uses NO Zeiss glass, nobody ever stated this, you see this will happen with silent post and rumours building up in these Fora, so everybody who is not in the real knowledge of details (of these really complex history and business relations) should really ask directly at the source- not here.
I´m always answering Questions as long as I do not injure NDA´s or other policies regarding our partners, this is what a normal and fair information politics is all about.
I would ask any potentially interested  Users of our lenses to build themselves their own judgement and try the lenses, we (and Phase One) have  Dealers who supply the lenses for testing.
These are facts, leave the rumours to the wannabees.

greetings from Munich

Stefan Steib CEO Hartblei- Kiev Munich   www.hartblei.de
s.steib@hartblei.de

Quote from: Evanjoe610
Ixpressraf,

Yes, you are correct in stating that the Zeiss prototype were made for the 35mm Digital/Film system. Again another Yes, to  the use of the  optical glass that Zeiss had sitting around. But this information I believe was stated on the Hartblei.de website. Unfortunately the final product was not up to Zeiss standard.  Thus the limited prototype sets being offered by Hartblei.de.  The newer Hartblei 45mm T/S has been designed with the new improvement as stated, and plus more. The metal optical housing has been redesigned, if one compares it against the the older Hartblei 45 T/S. Otherwise the design is New, but the optical glass is the same unused ones as in the older version.  Only thing is that the MC coating is done by Hartblei. I guess the Zavod Arsenal factory has been closed for at least 2 years or so? Best test wouyld be if one has on available for testing and to compare it against the older version to see what the new improvements are.

Evan
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 06:38:58 am by Stefan.Steib »
Because Photography is more than Technology and "as we have done it before".

smhoer

• http://www.skylightimaging.smugmug.com
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 08:54:29 am »

So the bottom line is.."When will the Phase One T/S be released for sale?"  When that happens it can be tested and discussed openly..

Rumours start in an information vacuum.  Meaning, if Phase would be more open about target release dates, delays, specs, etc.. there would be no rumours.

quote--"we (and Phase One) have Dealers who supply the lenses for testing"  Does this mean the new lens has been released somewhere?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 08:56:50 am by smhoer »
Scott H.
North Carolina

Stefan.Steib

• HCam - Hartblei Pro Photography solutions
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 09:25:24 am »

smhoer

Yes there are already several (new design) lenses delivered and as much as I know out to the dealers, more are on the way and should be available this december.
Point is I will not interfere with the policy and decisions of PhaseOne.

regards  Stefan Steib  Hartblei - Kiev München
Because Photography is more than Technology and "as we have done it before".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up