Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version Perversion--Lightroom / Photoshop / ACR  (Read 1662 times)

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
Version Perversion--Lightroom / Photoshop / ACR
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:51:49 pm »

I'm using Lightroom 2.1 and Photoshop CS3. Like many I find that I'm increasingly able to do 90+% of what I need in LR alone, but PS is still good to have around for the 10% that really need it. So I'll of course update to LR 2.2 when it becomes available (December?).

Question is, what about Camera Raw? I understand that ACR 5.2 will go with LR 2.2; but how will all this fit in with PS CS3 which can't use a version of ACR past 4.6 (isn't that it?)?

Suggestions, resources will be appreciated.
michael sebast

Richowens

Version Perversion--Lightroom / Photoshop / ACR
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 12:15:08 am »

Mike,

If you will be using LR 2.2 along with CS3 then ACR 5.2 does not enter into the equation. You will be able to process your RAW files in LR 2.2 and send them to CS3 for the little touches just as

you do now with 2.1. You will not need ACR 5.2 as LR 2.2 will support the same cameras.

I downloaded the 5.2 DNG convertor just to have the latest support and use that to open files in ACR 3.7 and LR 2.1.

I hope this doesn't serve to confuse you. Seems like software is just a big bowl of Alphanumeric soup.

Rich

Pages: [1]   Go Up