Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newfoundland Canada  (Read 2395 times)

thomasmoran

Newfoundland Canada
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:16:56 pm »

Would like some feed back on these two shots that I took when I was in Newfoundland this past summer.

Thomas

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Newfoundland Canada
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 01:59:07 am »

Love the second one, nice tones.

Cheers,
Bernard

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Newfoundland Canada
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 02:23:44 am »

Yeah... the first one doesn't do much for me, but I like the second one.  It would be interesting to see more of a landscape format (no pun intended) as opposed to the portrait crop, adding to the shoreline on the right side of the frame.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

jani

• Øyet
Newfoundland Canada
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:10:35 am »

I don't find the first picture appealing, but the second keeps attracting my eye.

It is a bit too contrasty for on-screen viewing, but I suspect it will work very well on baryta paper.

I particularly like the contrast between the calm water of the foreground and the sea, the harmony of colours (green in the foreground, as well as on the left, the sea and the sky (although it's perhaps a bit too dramatically dark), and the birds.

Thanks for posting in a useful viewing size, and not too small or too large (full resolution shots or 2400x1600 is just too much...).
Jan

thomasmoran

Newfoundland Canada
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 01:14:03 pm »

Thank you all for the input. Your critiques are very helpful and are helping me narrow down the selects for a small show I'm doing. I have a few more that I would like your input on if you have the time. Thanks again.

Thomas

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Newfoundland Canada
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 02:54:02 am »

I like the 2nd one as is.  The 1st one I'd try cropping at the shoreline, just to see how that works out.  I'm going to reserve comment on the 3rd one...

My$0.02

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

erictoddjohnson

Newfoundland Canada
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 09:25:51 pm »

Of the two posted on the 29th, I definitely prefer the second one - the dramatic clouds and the flying bird add a lot of interest that I find lacking in the first one.

For the three that were posted yesterday, I like the middle one best.  The only change I might suggest is a tighter crop, in order to focus the composition on the whale tail and the group of birds to the left.

I hope your show is a success!

Eric J.
Pages: [1]   Go Up