Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSLR Feature Requriement  (Read 4414 times)

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
DSLR Feature Requriement
« on: January 12, 2005, 09:25:35 am »

Nope.

Hank

DSLR Feature Requriement
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 02:54:44 pm »

I believe there is an adapter somewhere to allow using an SD card in a CF slot.  If so, you might look at going that way.  The Fuji S2 has both types of slots, but I can't imagine how its creaky software would handle a card in each slot.

KVSSetty

DSLR Feature Requriement
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 08:10:36 am »

Perhaps you can explain your problem (perhaps from a workflow perspective). What you are asking for is a technical solution to something you have decided is the worfklow solution to your problem; however, if you can share the problem, there may be a more optimal workflow solution.
well, I have to provide 4x6 prints to my client  as quickly as possilble and out of those he/she selects few for quality enlargements which i can do it later using RAW files. To get my 4x6 prints can drop my one cf/sd card in a digital lab and get prints immediately and at same time i dont want to handover my valued digital negs to them to fiddle with it.
KVSSetty

DiaAzul

• http://photo.tanzo.org/
DSLR Feature Requriement
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 10:37:42 am »

Perhaps you can explain your problem (perhaps from a workflow perspective). What you are asking for is a technical solution to something you have decided is the worfklow solution to your problem; however, if you can share the problem, there may be a more optimal workflow solution.
well, I have to provide 4x6 prints to my client  as quickly as possilble and out of those he/she selects few for quality enlargements which i can do it later using RAW files. To get my 4x6 prints can drop my one cf/sd card in a digital lab and get prints immediately and at same time i dont want to handover my valued digital negs to them to fiddle with it.
You may want to store RAW+JPEG (small or medium quality) on the CF card. Then burn the JPEGs quickly to CD - perhaps portable laptop if that is what is required. Then throw the CD into the lab for printing. You could also burn 2 CDs - one for the lab, one for  backup. Will add a little time to the process but doable with current technology, and if the CD gets scratched/lost/stolen you still have the originals in your hand.

If burning a CD is too slow, you can add a second card reader to your PC and copy the JPEGs from CF1 to CF2 - its not in camera process, but does what you originally required.
David Plummer    http://photo.tanzo.org/

Das Bosun

DSLR Feature Requriement
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 07:06:49 am »

The simplest answer I can give is the 6MP Kodak DCS760 (built on an adapted Nikon F5 body).  The Kodak DC760 has dual CF card slots, that are capable of writing RAW (.DCR) files & JPEGS simultaneously.

Das Bosun

KVSSetty

DSLR Feature Requriement
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 05:34:09 am »

For my workflow a need a DSLR having following feature, is there a camera like this from a reputed maker ? If not can i expect one in near future?

FEATURE:" Dual storage slot of same type (either CF or SD)and after each shot, the camera must save JPEG in one slot and RAW in the other"
KVSSetty

Bobtrips

DSLR Feature Requriement
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 02:42:32 pm »

If I might be allowed to be curious....

Why on separate memory cards?

DiaAzul

• http://photo.tanzo.org/
DSLR Feature Requriement
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 03:12:27 pm »

Canon 1-series cameras can save RAW+JPEG at the same time, and can simultaneously save both files to two memory cards. So, yes, in principle you can have RAW on one card and JPEG on another (but in reality you have duplicated RAW and JPEG on each card and would have to delete the unwanted data from each card).

David Plummer    http://photo.tanzo.org/

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
DSLR Feature Requriement
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 10:18:56 am »

You're better off running a batch process on plain RAW that watermarks the image and applies basic color corrections. If you give the client JPEGs straight from the camera, they may very well simply use them and screw you, even if you shoot small JPEGs.

My sharpening actions here do exactly what you want; they will even watermark the 4x6 with the image number so that will save you a great deal of time later when the client is trying to explain exactly which shot they want.

KVSSetty

DSLR Feature Requriement
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 10:22:17 am »

DiaAzul,Thank you verymuch for giving a good workflow top!
KVSSetty

Das Bosun

DSLR Feature Requriement
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 06:50:31 am »

The simplest answer I can give is the 6MP Kodak DCS760 (built on an adapted Nikon F5 body).  The Kodak DC760 has dual CF card slots, that are capable of writing RAW (.DCR) files & JPEGS simultaneously.

Das Bosun
Pages: [1]   Go Up