Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper samples - UK?  (Read 1274 times)

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
Paper samples - UK?
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:11:53 pm »

I'm about to embark on some serious printing having not done so in ages due to a lack of printer...

I will be printing on Epson 4800/4880 at a university.  I'm going to have a lot to do in a couple of days and won't be able to make custom profiles so need materials with excellent canned ones.

Most of what I will be doing will be black and white.  I need some A4 matt paper for binding into a wedding album and some A3/SA3 for printing portfolio prints.  I'm considering using bayrata paper for this.  The wedding prints certainly need to be archival, the portfolio stuff I would like to last a good many years.

Many thanks

Charly

Geoff Wittig

Paper samples - UK?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 12:57:06 pm »

Quote from: situgrrl
I'm about to embark on some serious printing having not done so in ages due to a lack of printer...

I will be printing on Epson 4800/4880 at a university.  I'm going to have a lot to do in a couple of days and won't be able to make custom profiles so need materials with excellent canned ones.

Most of what I will be doing will be black and white.  I need some A4 matt paper for binding into a wedding album and some A3/SA3 for printing portfolio prints.  I'm considering using bayrata paper for this.  The wedding prints certainly need to be archival, the portfolio stuff I would like to last a good many years.

Many thanks

Charly

The 'baryta' papers are not actually matte surface papers. Most of them have at least a semigloss surface to permit you to use photo black ink for a better D-max; Harman's FB AL is actually very glossy. Epson branded papers tend to be supported with a pretty decent canned profile, so you can't go wrong with something like premium ultrasmooth (or whatever they're calling it this week) as a matte cotton rag paper. For a 'baryta' paper you can try Epson's frightfully expensive exhibition fiber paper. Longevity numbers and image quality for the much cheaper premium luster paper are very good, but hand feel and surface texture aren't so nice.

Ernst Dinkla

Paper samples - UK?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 03:09:31 pm »

Quote from: situgrrl

Many thanks

Charly

Be aware that the 4800/4880 will be loaded with either matte or gloss black and if time is short you should ask whether ink swapping is possible and whether other black carts are available.

Binding dual coated Photorag will mean matte black, the baryta papers are mainly PK compatible and one side coated only.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Pages: [1]   Go Up