Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS2 and CS4 colors not matching  (Read 2515 times)

BillSmith

CS2 and CS4 colors not matching
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:32:25 am »

Hi, I have LR 2.1, CS2 and CS4 running on the same computer (Mac OS 10.5.5) I have a Eizo CG 211 monitor calibrated with "Display2" and ColorEyes software.  The colors between LR 2.1 and  PS CS2 look exactly the same but the same image file opened in PS CS4 display moderatley different hues. LR is automatically set to ProPhoto RGB and I have both CS2 and CS4 set EXACTLY the same in the Color Settings ... menu  (ProPhoto RGB).  Soft proofing is not active.   Any ideas why CS2 and CS4 won't display the same file identically ?  Thanks for any suggestions.

tongelsing

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 06:07:55 pm »

Quote from: BillSmith
Hi, I have LR 2.1, CS2 and CS4 running on the same computer (Mac OS 10.5.5) I have a Eizo CG 211 monitor calibrated with "Display2" and ColorEyes software.  The colors between LR 2.1 and  PS CS2 look exactly the same but the same image file opened in PS CS4 display moderatley different hues. LR is automatically set to ProPhoto RGB and I have both CS2 and CS4 set EXACTLY the same in the Color Settings ... menu  (ProPhoto RGB).  Soft proofing is not active.   Any ideas why CS2 and CS4 won't display the same file identically ?  Thanks for any suggestions.

I had a recently a more or less similar problem with CS4 and CS3. Then I discovered that in the colorsettings, advanced controls "Desaturate Monitor colors by" was active. After deactivating the colors were the same. (Mac OS10.5.5)

Ton
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:10:43 pm by tongelsing »

ddk

• http://www.pbase.com/ddk
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 06:25:46 pm »

Quote from: BillSmith

Go to Preferences<Performance<Advanced and click Color Matching under Debugging, this should take care of your problem.

david
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk
Pages: [1]   Go Up