Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK forumers: Lake District location for fog  (Read 2077 times)

MarkL

UK forumers: Lake District location for fog
« on: November 28, 2008, 05:07:25 am »

With fog and frost forecast for tomorrow morning, I’m wondering where to head for in The Lakes. Previously I’ve had success at White Moss Common overlooking Grasmere where the whole valley fills with fog and sun rises over it but am thinking of trying somewhere different. The A591 side of Thirlmere is also a possible but I’ve not got many good compositions from there.

Often with too much fog around being at lake level all you get is grey! Where are you favourite locations for fog?

Colin Griffiths

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 05:46:36 am »

Coniston Water, near Blawith Common. If you get there as the sun starts to burn through it can be amazing. Lots of high straw coloured reads, boats and other good things. Get a good hoar frost in Jan and it's really special.

AndyS

• http://www.astannard.com
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 07:57:27 am »

Hi,

If you're willing to go for a bit of a hike it can be fun to get above the fog. There are a few shots on my website taken from on Consiton Old Man whilst above the fog:

Consiton Old Man

You could also try getting up Castle Head at the north end of Derwent Water - it's not very far or high at all, but could reward you with some lovely shots.

Have fun, bit jealous I can't get up there myself this weekend!

Cheers,
Pages: [1]   Go Up