Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 5D MKII  (Read 2375 times)

marcmccalmont

Canon 5D MKII
« on: November 27, 2008, 05:55:27 pm »

I have a 5D MKII on order and can pick it up Saturday. I would like to get anyone/everyone's impressions that have already spent a day or two with one.
Is there a significant improvement in image quality at iso 100? Colors, DR etc. what are you seeing?
Thanks
Marc
Marc McCalmont

ChrisJR

• http://
Canon 5D MKII
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 05:58:03 pm »

Quote from: marcmccalmont
I have a 5D MKII on order and can pick it up Saturday. I would like to get anyone/everyone's impressions that have already spent a day or two with one.
Is there a significant improvement in image quality at iso 100? Colors, DR etc. what are you seeing?
Thanks
Marc
I'm also interested in people's opinions, especially regarding it's high ISO capabilities. If the high ISO is no better than the current EOS 1 series of camera's I'll be switching to Nikon.

Derryck

• http://www.derryckmenere.com
Canon 5D MKII
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 06:50:44 pm »

I'm planning to shoot a comparison between the 5DII, 1Ds III and maybe a Phase DB with a similar resolution later today if I can get through the couple of jobs I have on. I will be sure to test the cameras at different iso's and post the results.

Cheers,

Derryck.

marcmccalmont

Canon 5D MKII
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 07:55:16 pm »

Quote from: Derryck
I'm planning to shoot a comparison between the 5DII, 1Ds III and maybe a Phase DB with a similar resolution later today if I can get through the couple of jobs I have on. I will be sure to test the cameras at different iso's and post the results.

Cheers,

Derryck.

Base iso IQ and DR has not been discussed and is of interest to me. thanks for taking the time for the tests
Marc
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up