Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slide module problems  (Read 1925 times)

Mark F

Slide module problems
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:33:19 pm »

Right in the middle of a slide presentation the system will revert to the very first slide and start over. Driving me nuts and very embarassing.  It does not happen all the time, but does most of the time. It doesn't happen at the same point in the presentation so I cannot figure out any kind of a pattern.  The "random" box is not checked off. Does anyone have a clue what is going on?  Thanks.
Mark

Richowens

Slide module problems
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 03:39:35 pm »

Mark

Generate 1:1 previews first, then it will run start to finish.

Rich

Mark F

Slide module problems
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 06:10:14 pm »

Rich,

I previewed the first image at 1:1 in Library , then went to Slideshow and it ran fine. Is that what you were suggesting or did all images have to be previewed at 1:1? I'll try it a few more times this evening but hopefully that is the answer.

Is this a known bug?  How did you ever figure that out?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Quote from: Richowens
Mark

Generate 1:1 previews first, then it will run start to finish.

Rich
Mark

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Slide module problems
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 06:27:20 pm »

Yes, it's a known bug. Ideally you should be given a message telling you to render the previews before the show,

If you're doing a slideshow for other people, get into the habit of creating a Collection for the show in Library. Add the images, set the Collection's sort order to User Order and drag thumbnails around so they're in the sequence you want.

Then select them all, and create 1:1 previews with the Library>Previews menu. This is so LR won't have to regenerate the full screen images from the raw data when you're presenting your sldieshow.

John

Richowens

Slide module problems
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 07:01:21 pm »

Mark,

It is something I picked up on the Adobe LR forum. I haven't had any problem with 2.1 like I did in 2.0, but then again I have import set to generate 1:1 on import. It slows import down a bit but I save the time later.

Follow John's advice and you will be okay.

Rich

Mark F

Slide module problems
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 07:23:09 pm »

Many thanks.  Once again I'm super-impressed by the depth of knowledge that is available on LL and this forum.

Mark
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up