Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print to JPEG - Batch File Naming Question  (Read 1199 times)

pflower

Print to JPEG - Batch File Naming Question
« on: November 25, 2008, 06:04:44 pm »

Is there any way to get LR2 to print to file (i.e. save to JPEG) from the Print Module while  automatically using  the original  file name and the .jpg suffix?

if you select print to file from the Print Module LR2 asks for a file name which, not surprisingly, you have to supply and then type in.   If you select multiple pictures from the library module and then go to print module you are still asked to provide a file name on the first photo to save.  If you choose, for example, "1" LR2 makes a new folder called "1" and then helpfully saves all the photographs within that folder as 1-1.jpg, 1-2.jpg etc.  But is there any way to set up LR to save the files with their original name plus the .jpg suffix as you can with the export option?

The option to print to jpeg from the print module is very welcome when it comes to preparing images for use in the making of photo books in Blurb.  I can set up a standard page size and position the picture within that page.  I can then save it as a JPEG and import it into Blurb. It would be more helpful if I could save each photo with their original name with the jpeg suffix for future reference.

I can't find any way of doing this but it wouldn't be the first time that I have missed something obvious. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up