Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual LUT's on ATI FireMV 2260 ?  (Read 7371 times)

ibarron

Dual LUT's on ATI FireMV 2260 ?
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:18:05 pm »

Does anyone know if there are dual LUT's on an ATI FirePro 2260?  
I am trying to calibrate for two screens (Eizo CG21 and HP LP2475w) using either HP APS (Xrite) or BasICColor and an i1 Display 2.

I don't seam to be able to get the two icc profiles to apply to their respective displays - ie the result always appears to be the last profile made is applied to both displays.  :-(

Is this a limitation of the graphics card, OS (XP 64), or just my stupidity ?

Also if anyone can point me towards an English manual for BasICColor I'd be grateful ;-)

Thanks,

Ian

attila.ataner

• http://www.attila-ataner.com
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 07:08:24 pm »

Hi there - I have an almost identical setup. My video card is the ATI Sapphire X1650 PRO with dual DV output, and monitors are the Eizo CE240W and HP LP2475W. I was using BasICColor until the trial ran out. At times, calibration would go perfectly, with the Eye One Display 2 colorimeter. However, at times, the Eizo monitor would fail to be calibrated resulting in an error message to that effect, and at other points the BasICColor software would not recognize the HP display as being DDC enabled such that the "both hardware and software" calibration option would not be available.

Still, given that it did work at certain points suggest that it is in principle possible to calibrate both displays in this kind of set up.

I will keep researching this and will let you know of any solutions - likewise, your guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

ibarron

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 02:47:34 pm »

Quote from: [email]info@attila.ataner.com[/email]
Hi there - I have an almost identical setup. My video card is the ATI Sapphire X1650 PRO with dual DV output, and monitors are the Eizo CE240W and HP LP2475W. I was using BasICColor until the trial ran out. At times, calibration would go perfectly, with the Eye One Display 2 colorimeter. However, at times, the Eizo monitor would fail to be calibrated resulting in an error message to that effect, and at other points the BasICColor software would not recognize the HP display as being DDC enabled such that the "both hardware and software" calibration option would not be available.

Still, given that it did work at certain points suggest that it is in principle possible to calibrate both displays in this kind of set up.

I will keep researching this and will let you know of any solutions - likewise, your guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

I'm beginning to think there are some instabilities in BasICColor (at least on XP64) I like the work flow and want it to be successful but I can't get it to profile both screens and I notice things like the dates reported for the 'active' profiles are really strange and if I reboot then the generated profile isn't always loaded !?

I've just reset everything to default and reprofiled with HP APS, both screens look about right (and very similar to each other), more encouragingly they stay this way even after 2 reboots
:-).

Unfortunately I don't know what made it work... I reset the 2260 to defaults (two screens with desktop from the left screen extending over the right screen), reactivated ATI colour controls, rebooted then profiled first the Eizo (screen 0) then the HP (screen 1). (just remember to move the APS controls to the second screen before profiling it ).

As for DDC on the 2475 I can't get BasICColor to recognise this at all, and yes it is turned on in the OSD ;-) No problem recognising DDC on the Eizo.

I now get a very good match with my prints (on a Z3100) only differences I can find are in some saturated yellow/greens and these are very minor - much less than the difference between perceptual and relative intents on the same pints and probably due to minor imperfections in the paper profile (straight from APS and not tweaked).

Have you loaded the 'driver' for the 2475 from the CD?

Hope you get yours to work!

- Ian

jackbingham

• http://www.integrated-color.com
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 07:33:27 pm »

-" ie the result always appears to be the last profile made is applied to both displays.  :-("

Can I assume from this that you are using XP? If so this is very possibly the case. To confirm make two radically different profiles, say one at d50 for display #1 and one at d65 for display #2. Take a good look when you're done profiling, then restart. If they don't look the same after restart you have a problem. But this has nothing to do with video luts or calibration software. XP will only save one monitor profile. You surely still have two video luts. In this case you need the windows color applet which will save and reload two profiles. Now after saying all that, if you are running Vista you have a different problem because it does support multiple profiles.
The flaky behavior mentioned in other posts is not related to this issue.

Jack Bingham
Integrated Color Corp Maker

ibarron

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 12:07:44 pm »

Quote from: jackbingham
-" ie the result always appears to be the last profile made is applied to both displays.  :-("

Can I assume from this that you are using XP? If so this is very possibly the case. To confirm make two radically different profiles, say one at d50 for display #1 and one at d65 for display #2. Take a good look when you're done profiling, then restart. If they don't look the same after restart you have a problem. But this has nothing to do with video luts or calibration software. XP will only save one monitor profile. You surely still have two video luts. In this case you need the windows color applet which will save and reload two profiles. Now after saying all that, if you are running Vista you have a different problem because it does support multiple profiles.
The flaky behavior mentioned in other posts is not related to this issue.

Unfortunately the color applet doesn't appear to be available for XP64  :-(  
so either change OS  or will installing 2 graphics cards work?

- Ian

jackbingham

• http://www.integrated-color.com
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »

Quote from: ibarron
Unfortunately the color applet doesn't appear to be available for XP64  :-(  
so either change OS  or will installing 2 graphics cards work?

- Ian

Two cards will definitely work.
Jack Bingham
Integrated Color Corp Maker

ibarron

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 02:53:09 pm »

Quote from: jackbingham
Two cards will definitely work.

- Ian

attila.ataner

• http://www.attila-ataner.com
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 01:04:44 am »

I was in touch with BasICColor support (they responded very promptly). Although the issues I'm experiencing appear to be different, the main recommendation they made was to calibrate the monitors separately by switching off the one you're not calibrating and running the software only on the monitor that is being calibrated. Perhaps this might be of some assistance to you as well. Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up