Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Provide a critique if you'd like...  (Read 1626 times)

dwood

Provide a critique if you'd like...
« on: November 24, 2008, 02:44:06 pm »

This is a shot I took yesterday at the edge of the shore. I wasn't looking for it. It found me. It's a simple puddle of water that had frozen into a thin layer of ice, and then began to crack.

As photographers, we're always keeping our eyes peeled for interesting shots. Sometimes we find them, sometimes we don't. When we DO find a good subject and manage to take a nice photograph, some might say that we're artists when they see the result. I think of myself as more of a recordist. The art in this image was provided by nature; the lines, the light, the textures, the interesting details that are found in this image.

Photography is pretty cool. Nature is *very* cool.

end of commentary  

jani

• Øyet
Provide a critique if you'd like...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 07:51:52 pm »

I like it, but I feel that something is lacking, and I don't know quite what it is. Perhaps it's just too brown, and my visual cortex expects to see something vaguely blue when there's something "cold"?

Here's a slightly modified version which works only a bit better for me, but it's still not there.

Some of the lines have an almost neon-like quality, so perhaps tweaking some color into them might do something for my impression.

[attachment=9895:p213000587_5b.jpg]
Jan
Pages: [1]   Go Up