Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: camera gear from china...?  (Read 2736 times)

didger

camera gear from china...?
« on: March 09, 2005, 11:01:51 pm »

Do you mean mainland China or Hong Kong?  I've never heard of any mainland China sources for direct ordering of photo gear.  However I've ordered several items of gear from Hong Kong dealers and gotten world class good deals and world class good service and fast shipping.

didger

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 01:32:55 am »

I think anyone worth ordering from would have an ebay store, since that's the best way from Asia to create a viable and credible internet presence in the USA.  The great thing about ebay is that you can check any seller's track record.  The Hong Kong dealers seem to be top notch in every way.

As for other Asia websites, that's awfully vague.  What websites, what sort of stuff they sell, from what countries?

mark tipple

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 08:25:45 pm »

hey all, i've been reading a few posts on other sites about ordering camera gear from asia over the net. there's been a few mixed feelings about the risk involved, be it the accuracy of descriptions, and trusting the web sites.
are there any shops that anyone has experience with and would recommend? any other tips or advice?
thanks in advance, mark.

mark tipple

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 01:20:58 am »

yeah, im not too sure where the other forums were commenting on...basically im wondering if there are any "safe" web sites to order from in asia?

pobrien3

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 03:15:50 am »

I have lived in Hong Kong for the last 8 years and can report that there are a number of very good and cheap retailers.  Many goods here tend to be grey market.  Like anywhere, though, there are 'dealers' who are there to fleece the unsuspecting.  Likewise, there are a couple of retailers who have no internet presence but will ship overseas and give you an excellent price.  I can probably help, depending on what you're looking for.  Many regular 35mm items can be had for similar prices by mail order in the US (B&H for example).  I'm a Brit so am accustomed to monsterous retail markups, so for me the HK prices are excellent.  There are two outlets here who have given me consistently good prices for Canon, Mamiya and Nikon bodies and lenses, and I've just ordered an EOS1D MkII from one of them.

Let me know if you need specific help - it would be useful to know what you're interested in buying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up