Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing a Flexadapter VC Plate  (Read 1911 times)

Mark_Tuttle

• http://
Changing a Flexadapter VC Plate
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:21:05 am »

I have a Phase One Flexadapter that came with a Cambo plate and a Horseman plate.

I would like to use it on my Sinar P2 for medium and long lenses.

It appears as though I can take a Sinar lensboard, copy the hole pattern and screw onto the Flexadapter.  If the Sinar board is parallel to the lens plane, centered and squared, I wouldn't think there would be a problem.

Is there something I am overlooking.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Tuttle
MarkTuttle dot Net

yaya

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 11:40:15 am »

Quote from: Mark_Tuttle
I have a Phase One Flexadapter that came with a Cambo plate and a Horseman plate.

It appears as though I can take a Sinar lensboard, copy the hole pattern and screw onto the Flexadapter.  If the Sinar board is parallel to the lens plane, centered and squared, I wouldn't think there would be a problem.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark you are not missing anything, most sliding backs made for P2 use a Sinar lensboard as an interface plate. Just make sure that the cutting and drilling is done carefully not leaving any chips that can affect the alignment of the sliding back.

Yair

digitalcameraman

• Capture Integration
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 05:04:16 pm »

Quote from: Mark_Tuttle

Thanks,

Mark

Mark:

I have dome this many times. I will tell you that there are several vintages of that Flex adapter. The newer ones had a spacer that had a groove in it that made a nice light tight fit. So hold the adapter side ways and look at the space between your lens board and the flex adapter body to make sure you do not see any light. I used some photo tap to make a gasket.

Just FYI, before you ruin a good Sinar board maybe you want to look at my extra boards. I ended up with some extra because I ordered the plates from P1 (about $350.00 new) from P1 direct from Denmark. I know I have a Toyo plate and a Sinar/Horseman plate. These are factory P1 parts. The Horseman version also came with a spacer because it puts the flex adapter further back so it did not hit the L frame on the Horseman. This never occurs with a Sinar because there is no L bracket that the 4x5 frame site on. These also have the center area machined out nicely with factory black anodizing. This the parts you need. I have tried to cut the opening out of lens boards and they are tough to make them look factory without the right machines.

Call me at the number below and we can see about getting these over to you to see if they work. We can work out a reasonable price. I also have the Capture Integration special Brightscreen ground glass if you are interested in any of those. I will also make you a super deal on those, I think I have 2 left new in package. And I think I have one recessed Lens board for Sinar for wide angle lenses to be used.

I just read your post agin and you now say you have this Flex adpater that camera with Horseman adapter. This Flex should fit both Horeman and Sinar P2. Please confirm if you have tried this and why it will not work?

Chris Snipes
Phase One Reseller
Image Production, Inc

www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

813-335-2473 Cell
727-823-8909 Studio

Phase One Test Studio

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager Capture Integ

Mark_Tuttle

• http://
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 07:40:45 pm »

Thanks for the reply, Yair.

Chris, I will give you a call on Monday.  The "Horseman" adapter is the one I thought I'd be able to use but evidently it isn't really a Horseman plate.

Again, thanks both of you for the help.

Quote from: digitalcameraman
Mark:

I have dome this many times. I will tell you that there are several vintages of that Flex adapter. The newer ones had a spacer that had a groove in it that made a nice light tight fit. So hold the adapter side ways and look at the space between your lens board and the flex adapter body to make sure you do not see any light. I used some photo tap to make a gasket.

Just FYI, before you ruin a good Sinar board maybe you want to look at my extra boards. I ended up with some extra because I ordered the plates from P1 (about $350.00 new) from P1 direct from Denmark. I know I have a Toyo plate and a Sinar/Horseman plate. These are factory P1 parts. The Horseman version also came with a spacer because it puts the flex adapter further back so it did not hit the L frame on the Horseman. This never occurs with a Sinar because there is no L bracket that the 4x5 frame site on. These also have the center area machined out nicely with factory black anodizing. This the parts you need. I have tried to cut the opening out of lens boards and they are tough to make them look factory without the right machines.

Call me at the number below and we can see about getting these over to you to see if they work. We can work out a reasonable price. I also have the Capture Integration special Brightscreen ground glass if you are interested in any of those. I will also make you a super deal on those, I think I have 2 left new in package. And I think I have one recessed Lens board for Sinar for wide angle lenses to be used.

I just read your post agin and you now say you have this Flex adpater that camera with Horseman adapter. This Flex should fit both Horeman and Sinar P2. Please confirm if you have tried this and why it will not work?

Chris Snipes
Phase One Reseller
Image Production, Inc

www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

813-335-2473 Cell
727-823-8909 Studio

Phase One Test Studio
Mark Tuttle
MarkTuttle dot Net

doublezero

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 01:59:15 pm »

hello ,

i have a flex adaptater  also and i'm looking for a plate for the back ,
so i need a H plate  for the back if you somebody who has one ?

best regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up