Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many features do you want a digital camera?(DC0015)  (Read 2721 times)

emilyy

How many features do you want a digital camera?(DC0015)
« on: November 21, 2008, 03:37:41 am »

Camera manufacturers are packing more innovative features into their digital cameras EDIT, such as video capture, voice annotation, and auto bracketing. What do these features do, and more importantly, do you need the [with multifunction? I think the more important for the buyer is the price and the effective features rather than the useless multifunction. Because many people don’t use these particular function at all. Do you agree with me?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 10:00:16 am by Chrissand »

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 05:43:15 am »

Well, I suppose this is not the place to go into a long explanation about the features you list and what they do.  I assume that might be a rhetorical question.
But as to the question are they useful or necessary, that surely depends on the photographer. Video capture, voice annotation and auto-bracketing are all used by some people (not me), so I suppose they do have a place.  It sounds as though you, and me, and a whole lot of other photographers would still quite like a more basic camera.  Perhaps a well built DSLR with great sensor and raw shooting ability, but without all of the gizmos.  I currently use a 1ds mk3 and it is a great camera.  Once I decided on how I am going to use it, I have rarely needed to use any of the other features.  Because I am so familiar with it, the excess features do not get in the way too much, most are buried in menus anyway.

To think that seven years ago I had a pair of FM2's, an RB 6x7, and a minolta lightmeter! (still Have them actually).

Would I go back?  Hmmmmm.....NO.

Craig Arnold

• Craig Arnold's Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 10:02:21 am »

This OP is just a spammer trying to get you to click his embedded links. He has posted the same message on other forums.

It's a measure of how civilised this place is that you took the trouble to treat his post as genuine.

framah

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 10:33:16 am »

Links?? I don't see any links??
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 11:50:09 am »

Ah yes!  I did notice that one of the words had a link attached, and I did click it, and it did take me to a site selling stuff.  Civilised as I am (and obviously quite naive), I thought maybe that he was just trying to show us all how many cameras stuffed full of useless gizmos there are on sale these days!

I notice that the link has now been removed.  Very sensible.

At least most of the posts on here are interesting.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up