Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eBay - a complete waste of time?  (Read 2351 times)

hs0zfe

eBay - a complete waste of time?
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:17:17 pm »

New Fuji GX 680 lenses etc. Another bidder won't be getting the items he won either. And there is no pretending like the lens was "accidentally damaged"... Seller is very vague, claiming "an error".

His error is that he failed to use a minimum price.

As a buyer, I am not allowed to

change my mind and back out.

Any suggestions, please? I really want these new lenses.

Cheers, Chris

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 01:58:42 pm »

Complain to ebay, and also Paypal if that's how you paid.  They will sooner or later contact him and if he doesn't send the items he'll likely lose both accounts and of course your obligation is nullified.  Ebay is apparently fairly vindictive about sellers backing out of such deals.  You can also threaten a dreaded Negative Feedback, recent ebay policy changes do not permit him to give you a retaliatory negative.

Be sure all communications with the guy are through messages sent on the ebay web site, do not use normal email since ebay will not be able to keep track of the exchanges.

I had a similar problem with a computer purchase, I recovered my payment through Paypal with relatively little effort and the seller was suspended (though doubtless he re-emerged under a new name).

hs0zfe

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 01:47:12 pm »

Quote from: bill t.
Complain to ebay, and also Paypal if that's how you paid.  They will sooner or later contact him and if he doesn't send the items he'll likely lose both accounts and of course your obligation is nullified.  Ebay is apparently fairly vindictive about sellers backing out of such deals.  You can also threaten a dreaded Negative Feedback, recent ebay policy changes do not permit him to give you a retaliatory negative.

Be sure all communications with the guy are through messages sent on the ebay web site, do not use normal email since ebay will not be able to keep track of the exchanges.

I had a similar problem with a computer purchase, I recovered my payment through Paypal with relatively little effort and the seller was suspended (though doubtless he re-emerged under a new name).

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]Cheers, Bill!

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 07:21:01 pm »

You can also file a suit in small claims court.  A friend did this and wound up recovering his payment and court costs.  Don't let them get away with such behavior.  It's stealing, plain and simple.
Pages: [1]   Go Up