Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lenshood Quest!  (Read 1790 times)

Chris C

Lenshood Quest!
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:07:30 am »

I've got a 50mm f1.8 AF Nikkor and want a lenshood for it.  The only lenshood specifically mentioned by Nikon is the HN-2 rubber hood.  I highly dislike rubber lenshoods and want a metal one.  I can't find one specifically for the 50mm lens.  Several people have suggested the HN-3, but that's for the 35mm lens.  Any idea where I might find a proper metal lenshood for my lens?

Per Ofverbeck

• http://elgfoto.se
Lenshood Quest!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 04:12:27 am »

I´d just get a generic one that can be threaded into the filter thread.  Most photo dealers have "junk drawers" with old lens shades, filter cases & c, and they´re gold mines on this kind of occasions.

What´s your camera, btw? If it has an APS-sized sensor, you should try to find a shade for something longer than 50; one for an 85 would probably do just nice.  With digital, it is easy to check for vignetting right in the shop.
Per Ofverbeck
My

Chris C

Lenshood Quest!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 11:14:54 pm »

Great suggestion, but don't have any camera shops around here.  I use a D200 and ordered a HS-9 Lens Hood from B&H last night.  It'll fit and work just fine.

Chris C

Lenshood Quest!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

Just an update, for anyone interested in a great lens hood.

I received my Nikon HS-9 Snap-on lens hood today.  It is everything, and more, that I'd hoped.  I can highly recommend this hood to anyone looking for one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up