Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with LX3 menus  (Read 3106 times)

NigelC

Trouble with LX3 menus
« on: November 19, 2008, 05:56:50 pm »

Just got an LX3 the other day. ploughing through the set up menus I've found a few options are greyed out, e.g. programming the Fn button, and some settings for the LCD. Also can't get gridlines to appear in record mode. Any thoughts?

Tony Beach

• http://imageevent.com/tonybeach/twelveimages
Trouble with LX3 menus
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 06:47:01 pm »

Possibly related to scene modes.

BTW, how do you like the camera so far?

NigelC

Trouble with LX3 menus
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 09:36:10 am »

Quote from: Tony Beach
Possibly related to scene modes.

BTW, how do you like the camera so far?

Like it a lot and essentials are very easy to get at, but it seems to have a lot more settings that can be changed than my 5D!

NigelC

Trouble with LX3 menus
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 01:12:14 pm »

On reflection there is one annoying thing - they include a conventional strap in the box, which defeats the purpose of a pocketable camera. Thye should have a wrist strap as a safety net - looks like I'll have to fabricate one myself.

JohnIgel

• http://www.igelimages.com
Trouble with LX3 menus
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 10:05:12 am »

Quote from: NigelC
Just got an LX3 the other day. ploughing through the set up menus I've found a few options are greyed out, e.g. programming the Fn button, and some settings for the LCD. Also can't get gridlines to appear in record mode. Any thoughts?
You should just toggle through the displays using the 'display' button in the lower right corner of the back.  One of the choices is 'gridlines'.  The gridlines with the histogram rocks!

NigelC

Trouble with LX3 menus
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 02:48:23 am »

OK I think I've got it sorted - didn't think to read the manual right through! The number of settings makes my 5D seem like a Box Brownie (my first camera!)
One thing that would be useful on the LX3 is a Bulb setting, but I don't think there is a lockable remote release available - anyone know if there is an aftermarket device that might work?

dalethorn

Trouble with LX3 menus
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 04:51:49 pm »

Quote from: NigelC
On reflection there is one annoying thing - they include a conventional strap in the box, which defeats the purpose of a pocketable camera. Thye should have a wrist strap as a safety net - looks like I'll have to fabricate one myself.
I bought the Leica D-Lux4 carrycase - very nice shoulder strap, but lousy Leica wrist strap. Just get a wrist strap from Panasonic, or maybe B&H.

NigelC

Trouble with LX3 menus
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 07:13:19 pm »

Doesn't look as if you can set the colour space - yes I know it only matters if you are shooting Jpeg.
Pages: [1]   Go Up