Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Landscape Photography Exhibition  (Read 2627 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Landscape Photography Exhibition
« on: November 19, 2008, 06:30:20 am »

I didn't know where to post this - but this seems like a good place.

I was invited by Montsalvat a couple of months ago to be one of 20 artists to display their work in their new innaugral annual 'Affordable Art show' - affordable being Artworks under $1000. Each artist was invited to submit 2 works for display in the long Gallery. I was fortunate to be asked for 3 and there are now 3 of my landscapes hanging in the gallery on display until Christmas.

All three were printed on a Canon IPF5100 on Ilford Gold Fibre Silk on 17" Roll. Two were taken on a recent photographic trip to the Northwest of Tasmania and the third was photographed at Montsalvat itself.

This is the first time I have exhibited my landscapes in public and is a precursor to a fully fledged solo exhibition for me early January at Montsalvat which will run for approx. 6 weeks and consist of approx. 24 works.

If anyone is in the area please feel free to stop in and have a look - admission into the Gallery is free - admission to the rest of Montsalvat is only $10 and is itself a great location for Photography.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:31:22 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

LoisWakeman

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 06:53:47 am »

A feather in your cap. Any photos of the display?

whawn

• The Daily Photographâ„¢
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 01:35:39 pm »

Congratulations!  And if your landscape work is half as good as your portraiture work, I'm envious beyond measure.  I was especially taken with the tiny kid at the bottom of the very tall window.  

Walter Hawn -- Casper, Wyoming
Walter Hawn -- Casper, Wyoming

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 01:32:47 am »

Congratulations!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 08:12:02 pm »

Just wanted to say I had the last day of the exhibition yesterday and bumped out last night.

I sold a few prints over the 4 week time frame and had some really nice feedback from people who attended. Overall it was a great experience and one I hope to repeat.

Thank you.
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up