Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How-to: Historic digital backs  (Read 17619 times)

DavidP

• papas.com
How-to: Historic digital backs
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 04:12:23 pm »

I have an old os 9 copy of "Epolux Shutter 1.3" it is a small application for controlling the epolux shutter only. It might be what you need. Let me know I could send it.

Quote from: PatrikR
Well I have made some progress with my project... And thanks to this forum I have made it so far...

I can take pictures with the DCB 2 Live. It shoots and focus really nicely.
My setup is as follows:
-G4 800 Mhz Mac with System 9.2.2
-Leaf PCI Taxi board
-Leaf power supply
-Leaf DCB II Live/Sinarcam mounted on rear carrier of my Sinar P2
-Cable from DCB to Taxi board to the Leaf power supply
-Cable from Sinarcam to Aperture motor on Sinar P2 front standard
-Cable from Sinarcam to the Expolux RS-232 power supply
-RS232 USB adapter with driver from Expolux to G4
-LeafCapture 7.0 software on Mac
-Flash sync from the Expolux power supply (working perfectly)

I have one slight problem. I do not have software for the Sinarcam 1 and therefore cannot control the Sinarcam 1.

According to this document found on Sinar web site it seems that the Sinarcam needs it own software in order to change apperture or shutterspeed. Now I have only one shutterspeed and f/stop at my disposal.

Please can you help Thierry or Yaya or Edwin or anybody. I'm so close to getting the kit fully work.

I attached a screen shot of the problem LeafCapture states while connecting to the Sinarcam.

And thanks for all the help already provided.

Patrik

PatrikR

• http://www.patrikraski.com
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 04:26:34 pm »

Quote from: Cfranson
Leaf Capture should control the Sinarcam without the need for additional software. This may be an issue with the USB-Serial port not being configured as it should. See what configuration options you have with that. What is the camera setup you have set in Leaf Capture?

Hi and thanks... The serial cabling could well be the problem. I couldn't find a keyspan so I used a prolific serial to usb adapter. I have now ordered one online. Is the serial cable special? I have rs232 (DB9 to DB9) cables but do I need to buy a special Sinar cable?

The setup in Leaf Capture is Sinarcam DCBIILive, another screen shot.
Patrik Raski - Espoo, Finland

PatrikR

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 04:30:10 pm »

Quote from: DavidP
I have an old os 9 copy of "Epolux Shutter 1.3" it is a small application for controlling the epolux shutter only. It might be what you need. Let me know I could send it.
Thanks David and sure... you could just mail it to me: PatrikR at kuvatekniikka dot com

See if you have this Sinarcam Software version 1.4.3 on that disk http://www.sinar.ch/file_uploads/bibliothe...7_0_scam143.pdf

PatrikR

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 04:42:49 pm »

I also wonder why on current Sinar software there is support for the Sinarcam 1S?

What is it used for and which backs mount on Sinarcam 1S?

Also what is the difference between Sinarcam and Sinarcam 1S?

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 05:58:25 pm »

Patrick,

I can confirm that it does not need any Cam software. As stated by Chris, this seems a wrong setting in the "Hardware Settings" or a faulty cable/connection.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Cfranson
Leaf Capture should control the Sinarcam without the need for additional software. This may be an issue with the USB-Serial port not being configured as it should. See what configuration options you have with that. What is the camera setup you have set in Leaf Capture?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:00:20 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

PatrikR

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 03:57:28 pm »

Quote from: edwinb
We have a few old bits in a draw if your missing anything specific let me know details by email and I'll check
Edwin
Oh no! Not again... Some may say but I figured that over 1000 views on this thread and I should report if I make any progress with this.

As of now, it's up and running. My friend Edwin has helped me so much that a super big thanks goes to him. He has provided generously bits and pieces and his expertise more than one could ever imagine. He has digged old boxes for me. And that's beyond amazing. Thierry and other Sinar employees have provided me with software and invaluable help. And Yair thank you very very much setting me on the right track with the correct LeafCapture from the very beginning. And of course thank you for everybody who contributed.

Maybe one of the heal of achilles was the RS232 serial cable. It just needed to be the right kind even many remembered that the serial cable is a standard serial cable. The cable is a Sinar 522.21.047 Mac Interface Cable RS232 that I was able to order thru Edwin.

Quick note on my setup:

PowerMac G3 350 Mhz with 576 MB RAM (bought online for 5 eur)
-System 9.2.2
-LeafCapture 7.0
-Leaf PCI Taxi board installed (Scitex 503C2L074S)
-Leaf DCB II Live/Sinarcam on Sinar P2
-Leaf power supply (Power General model FLU8-35-1-6829)
-Leaf Power/Communication cable (Scitex 504L3L135A) from DCB to Taxi board to the Leaf power supply
-Sinar 551.33.030 Sinarcam 1 Aperture Control Unit
-Sinar 551.33.035 Sinarcam 1 Aperture Control Cable from Sinarcam to Aperture Control Unit on Sinar P2 front standard
-Sinar 522.21.021 Long Expolux connecting cable from Sinarcam to the Expolux RS-232 power supply
-Sinar 522.21.047 Mac Interface Cable RS232 in modem port
-Sinar DB mount 105mm digital lens
-Flash sync from the Expolux power supply

First I turn on the computer (G3). Once the system is up I switch on the Leaf power supply which powers the DCB-II Live back. Then I turn on the Sinar Expolux RS232 power supply which powers the Sinarcam.

Then I start the Leaf Capture 7.0 and set the correct camera settings and click LeafCapture's connect icon. At this point I still get the alert that LeafCapture didn't recognize the Sinarcam but I just ignore that and click ok. Then I disconnect the camera and reconnect and now voila! Leaf software connects with my Sinarcam and provides all the camera controls.

The camera is really nice and beautifully made. It's very easy to focus and work. Scheimpfluging has never been this easy on any camera I have ever tried and very fast. Live view works great!

Patrik

P.s. I read that Loral Fairchild who made the chip in Leaf DCB-II Live makes now an 9 micron pixel pitch 85 MP 8x8cm chip. So how about it?
http://www.fairchildimaging.com/products/f...rea/ccd_595.htm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up