Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Nikon Coolscan 9000ED  (Read 2509 times)

astanley

FS: Nikon Coolscan 9000ED
« on: November 17, 2008, 09:31:51 pm »

After dragging my feet for a few months, I'm finally getting off my duff and selling my 9000.

Purchased brand new from B&H in November of 2007.  Original receipts, packing material, warranty info, cables, and manuals all intact.  In addition, all 3 standard carriers are in excellent condition and lightly used.  I've ended up spending far more time in digital, and the scanner is looking forlorn at the end of my workstation.  

I would far prefer to deliver this in person, but I can ship for the right transaction.  I have the original "suspension" packing material.

I can facilitate in-person delivery within 3 hours of Richmond, VA, or within 2 hours of Boston, MA the week of Thanksgiving (when I'll be in the area, and glad to haul it via my car).  

$1600 or best offer.  Cashiers check, money order, or PayPal preferred.  PM or email andrew@arsenaleartisans.com.

Cheers,

-Andrew

dseelig

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 12:02:00 am »

I just want to say for kodachome this is the best scanner out there as its digital ice works far better then the nikon 500 alos it is the best nikon for balck and white scanning as well to the point I would get this for 35 mm only if those are important factors for you. The 9000 minimizes srtraches and on black and white negs, much more then the 5000 does. . Ony draw back no stack loader for slides.
Quote from: astanley
After dragging my feet for a few months, I'm finally getting off my duff and selling my 9000.

Purchased brand new from B&H in November of 2007.  Original receipts, packing material, warranty info, cables, and manuals all intact.  In addition, all 3 standard carriers are in excellent condition and lightly used.  I've ended up spending far more time in digital, and the scanner is looking forlorn at the end of my workstation.  

I would far prefer to deliver this in person, but I can ship for the right transaction.  I have the original "suspension" packing material.

I can facilitate in-person delivery within 3 hours of Richmond, VA, or within 2 hours of Boston, MA the week of Thanksgiving (when I'll be in the area, and glad to haul it via my car).  

$1600 or best offer.  Cashiers check, money order, or PayPal preferred.  PM or email andrew@arsenaleartisans.com.

Cheers,

-Andrew

astanley

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 08:12:32 am »

Quote from: dseelig
I just want to say for kodachome this is the best scanner out there as its digital ice works far better then the nikon 500 alos it is the best nikon for balck and white scanning as well to the point I would get this for 35 mm only if those are important factors for you. The 9000 minimizes srtraches and on black and white negs, much more then the 5000 does. . Ony draw back no stack loader for slides.

The lack of a magazine loader (a la the Imacon/Hasselblad scanners) is indeed a drawback, but the quality/price point for the 9000 trumps that (I think).

For 35mm this scanner cannot be beat.  For MF, I'd suggest getting an Aztek wet mount ($600), which paired with this scanner creates some of the most amazing MF scans I've ever seen,  Almost, but not quite, pro drum scan quality for a fraction of the price.  

Cheers,

-Andrew

astanley

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 06:44:50 pm »

Sold... thanks for the interest, everyone.

Cheers,

-Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up