Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't find the Epson Driver Dialog anymore  (Read 1606 times)

Tim_Smith

Can't find the Epson Driver Dialog anymore
« on: November 17, 2008, 07:54:58 pm »

I haven't printed anything on my 3800 in awhile and after attempting to make a print last night, I discovered that things have changed. Previously when printing from CS3, activating the print button brought you to a screen that allowed you to make several selections for resolution, quality, etc. Now there's none of that and I'm not sure why. Can anyone shed any light on the change? I'm using 10.5.5 with CS4 and the latest drivers from Epson. The screen I'm referring to is attached. Sorry if this has already been discussed, I searched and couldn't find it. Thanks for your help.

Tim

[attachment=9754:LR_08.jpg]

Tim_Smith

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 09:37:01 pm »

Quote from: John Schweikert
The screen shot you show is from Tiger OS. Leopard/CS3/print driver for Epsons is slightly different. Paper, quality and no color adjustment are all available in the Print Settings now. Are you looking for something that may be in Print with Preview.

What setting are you not able to find. Don't quite understand what you can't find.

Sorry, I lifted that screenshot and didn't realize it was tiger. But the shot does show the resolution and quality. Now when I click print from within PS, I arrive at the box pictured below. The only options under the printer features are what you see pictured. Is this correct? (and thanks!)

Tim
[attachment=9760:Epson_CS4.jpg]

rwfreund

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 09:46:26 pm »

Quote from: Tim_Smith
Sorry, I lifted that screenshot and didn't realize it was tiger. But the shot does show the resolution and quality. Now when I click print from within PS, I arrive at the box pictured below. The only options under the printer features are what you see pictured. Is this correct? (and thanks!)

Tim
[attachment=9760:Epson_CS4.jpg]

Tim,
Check which print driver is being used.
If the driver is "Gutenprint" delete the printer and re-add it to preferences this time selecting the correct driver.
-bob

Tim_Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:14:15 pm »

Quote from: rwfreund
Tim,
Check which print driver is being used.
If the driver is "Gutenprint" delete the printer and re-add it to preferences this time selecting the correct driver.
-bob

Well it wasn't the gutenprint, but it seems that the simple action of removing and then reinstating the printer along with the driver has done the trick. I am now able to see printer controls more in line with what I'm used to. Thanks a ton!
Pages: [1]   Go Up