Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 - More/Less Ink Paper Types  (Read 1645 times)

wsolum

HP Z3100 - More/Less Ink Paper Types
« on: November 17, 2008, 12:36:22 am »

I just got around to updating my driver and firmware.  What is this new paper type distinction -- Photo Gloss (more ink) / Photo Gloss (less ink)?  Which is equivalent to the old single choice "Photo Gloss"?  I assume I'd need to profile for whichever one differs from the previous standard, right?

wsolum

HP Z3100 - More/Less Ink Paper Types
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:16:09 pm »

Quote from: wsolum
I just got around to updating my driver and firmware.  What is this new paper type distinction -- Photo Gloss (more ink) / Photo Gloss (less ink)?  Which is equivalent to the old single choice "Photo Gloss"?  I assume I'd need to profile for whichever one differs from the previous standard, right?

I noticed on the front panel that there is still a paper definition in the pritner for Photo Gloss, in addition to the new Photo Gloss (more ink) and Photo Gloss (less ink), but it's not listed in my driver.  I tried updating paper types from the printer but HP Printer Utility says my printer must be offline (it isn't).

I seem to recall some others having problems after upgrading the driver but searching hasn't revealed the thread.

Anyone familiar with this?  How can I get my driver and printer paper lists in sync?
Pages: [1]   Go Up