Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeler: Nice Rollei MF Glass (Hy6?)  (Read 2340 times)

Sheldon N

Feeler: Nice Rollei MF Glass (Hy6?)
« on: November 15, 2008, 10:17:58 pm »

Thought I throw this out there, since I don't see these items up for sale often. My good friend and shooting buddy is thinking about selling (parting out) his Rollei 6008 kit, which has been gathering dust in his closet for years. The stuff is in pristine condition and cost a MINT when it was new. He's a large format film shooter who primarily does fine art landscapes, so this gear doesn't really fit in his style/working routine and consequently hasn't seen much use.

I know the market for medium format film gear has taken a beating, but since the old Rollei manual focus glass works on the new Sinar Hy6 camera I thought there might be some experience here.

He has a 6008 (manual focus) body with metered prism, a 40mm Super Angulon, a 90mm Macro, and a 180mm f/2.8 Tele-Xenar. The glass is absolutely stellar and in great shape.

I have a rough sense of the market value of the gear, but it's hard to track since it doesn't show up on ebay regularly. Any input here on value? I'm not looking to sell here as much as get a sense of what he should expect for a fair sale.  If you're looking to purchase I'll forward you his website and email, you can drop him a line.

Thanks!
Sheldon Nalos
[url=http://www.flickr.com

Sheldon N

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 01:54:44 pm »

I realize I wasn't particularly specific in my descriptions and didn't give ballpark prices... I guess I should clarify.  My buddy is still thinking more about a sale, likely to get into a Sony A900, Canon 5DII, or a Nikon D3x.  I'm going from memory on the exact model details below, but I think I'm close. I think prices should be very attractive given what the new stuff and even used stuff on ebay is going for. I'm not going to broker the sale, but will put you in touch with my friend (Scott) and will vouch for his integrity. His website is www.srosenberg.com, you can contact him through that.

Rollei Schenider 40mm f/3.5 Super Angulon PQ - $1950  
(amazing wide angle lens)

Rollei Schneider APO Makro Symmar 90mm f/4 PQ (possibly PQS?) - $1500  
(wickedly sharp macro lens)

Rollei Schneider Tele-Xenar 180mm f/2.8 PQ (non-AF version) - $1250    
(beautiful portrait lens)

Rollei 6008i (I think) body, with metered prism, film back, etc - $800

Again, this is all in excellent condition and has seen very little use. Prices are well below 50% of new, and I believe that the 40mm and 90mm lenses may actually be the current versions of the lens (you'd need to double check on that). The 40mm is currently on back order at B&H and it sells for $5500. The prices I posted are just my random ballpark figures, final details are up to Scott. I'm sure he could work out something with you.

Drop me a PM if you want to ask questions, or just contact him directly.

Thanks!

Sheldon

Sheldon Nalos

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 06:38:40 am »

Great prices - I just wish I didn't already have all this.

Geoff
Geoff

Sheldon N

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 12:29:38 pm »

I know, any of these lenses would be a great addition to the Hy6, or you could look at it as a whole kit by just adding a back. I'm sure my buddy would be flexible if someone wanted multiple items or the whole thing.
Sheldon Nalos

Sheldon N

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 04:55:38 pm »

Got some additional details from Scott on the gear. He's got the following (note the accessories) ...

6008i body
45 degree finder
Super Angulon 40mm / 3.5 PQ
Apo-Symmar 90mm / 4.0 HFT Makro
Tele-Xenar 180mm / 2.8 HFT
Rollei RC120 Cable Release
Charger N
Car Adaptor for the Charger
3 NiCad Batteries

Keep in mind how much these things cost when they were new. I think the 45 degree finder alone cost $1200 new, batteries were something like $150 each, car charger was $50, the release was $100, charger $150.

Anyhow, drop me a PM or email Scott through his website.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 04:55:59 pm by Sheldon N »
Sheldon Nalos
Pages: [1]   Go Up